Kunos have done amazing job with AC

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Just a few thoughts about AC now when Project Cars is out (cause I feel boring and have nothing better to do:D).

First of all, this isn't about which one is better. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.:thumbsup:

But Project Cars made me realize what amazing game Kunos have done. Sometimes we have been too harsh to Kunos and haven't realize what a master piece they have done with such a small team. Yes, there are things that need improvements a lot, but also those other sims need improvements as well. I just have noticed that many people have sometimes unfair expectations and demands about AC. Tiniest errors and mistakes regardin how cars behaves in real world vs game or how AC looks comparing real locations get a huge **** storm:confused:( not always but too often). I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour with other games, at least not so much.

Following comparison about these two games is only my own opinion. ( you never can't underline too much this in sim community:laugh:)

After playing both of these games I realize AC has awesome Graphics and feel of reality when you drive. I really thought PC will win clearly on this aspect based on YouTube videos. But no, there is something that's not right. It looks gameish, not so clear and crisp I thought. Especially when you look in to the distance. Scaling the environment is another thing. World dimensions feels more real in AC to me. Though PC has more alive environment, with all those spectators, flags, helicopters, leafs and so on. And this is only in my Computer, I don't care if it looks different in some high end pc cause I don't have one;)

Comparing FFB is pointless because there is as many opinions as there is sim racers. It's propably a draw:). About user interface and all the setting I say only this: Less is more:thumbsup:

It could be that I'm just so used to AC and it need some time to feel comfortable in PC. I just really hope these both games have great future here in Racedepartment ,and not so that everybody plays only one of those.
Maybe I afraid just a little bit my competitiveness if most of the people moves to PC:p. I'm pretty good at the moment in AC and my fear is that in PC you can find a way to be unrealistically fast. In AC It's all about how good driver you are, not how well you can exploit game physics.

Ps. I don't know if I should have write this in a existing thread so feel free to move it if necessary.

Last edited:
Carries little weight - reads like a missive from a jilted ex-lover or as they say in the legal world - a hostile witness. There may be a core of truth there but its buried under too much emotional detritus.

I disagree....i did felt some frustration in some of the words but thats because of the hype that raised it so high in the sky.All day long my Twitter was bombarded with huge pile of hype RT,RT and more RT.
I had the chance to try it since day one and at the end i said "pass".What it should have been,from the promises they made and what have become now there is no question about it...they had millions and waste it on something that isnt what Community Assisted wanted...of course with money invested and i mean big bucks,it should be stupid not to defend and try to promote the game.
I believe the hype was astronomical compared to other titles and because of the bugs and other stuf on consoles and PC,there will be more and more people unsatisfied with their purchase.

It contains far more vitriol than - "some frustration."

For sure there is a lot of hype but there is no way I can take an obvious sour grapes post like that and hang my hat on it. I also disagree with him that the game is as bad as he makes it out it to be, which is all subjective of course.

But I don't carry any emotional baggage to the game like he blatantly does. I'm far less concerned how a game came to be and much more about what it is.

Is it the greatest sim racer ever? No. Is it a total turd? No. It's somewhere between the two. Yeah it's got quirks and a learning curve. What sim doesn't? I struggled with the game at first but with some expected tweaking, my experience has improved immensely. Bottom line for me, it's fun. And it fills a niche other current sims don't. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Thankfully these are great times to be a sim racer. If one game doesn't appeal to someone, there are other ones that do.

Last edited:
Maybe the man invested some expectation along with the money in to some promisses that didnt come to fruition...its a game,sure but it is what it supposed to be,by the strong belief from them that this game will be something not seen before in trems of physics and realism..i say no. This and the fact that runs poorly on consoles,with bugs in sound and visual department thats why we see a form of rage if you may,from some people who expected something more to justify the hype,thats all :)

Today I tested 3 different simulators, R3E, AC and GTR Evolution. The most driveable sim was GTR Evolution. The reason is that you can really feel the car weight, front tyre grip and G-forces as well as the wheel can do that. It was and it is the best sim ever.

So only thing I need is better graphics, everything else is perfect in GTR Evolution, AC and R3E feels too strange for me, with AC I can't feel the car at all without extra grip, R3E is not much better but better. That's why I expect so much from project CARS, I believe that project CARS is new GTR Evolution with better graphics, if it is so it's perfect. If it's not so then I will drive mostly with GTR Evolution...hopelly my copy comes tomorrow...I let you know what I think about it...

Can't wait to see Kimmo's impressions of PCars lol.
How stupid people drives AC, I think that the most stupid founds from here. People who wanna be some herous and the world best sim racers with their HC simcade AC, so childis people who hurts their feelings if someone not like their toy :)

AC sucks so badly that EU commission should set a ban on the sale...AC ruin this whole sim racing while people think it's too difficult, big audience is what we need. Big audience didn't like GPL they will not like AC, that's why AC is DEAD.

I just wanted to swing the thread back on topic and say that I also agree, Kunos have done an amazing job!
AC is still my #1 SIM and I'm not sure if there will be something that will replace it any time soon. Having said that, I can enjoy all of them for different reasons.

Last edited:
If I play AC and PC with a wheel and experience ffb then assetto is the benchmark, if I use mouse steering whilst out and about then that is not in the equation. Therefore PC wins in every other instance. For the last 3 days, players of assetto on steam have been around 500. PC have been around 6000. Sounds impressive but skyrim still is 20k plus. Just goes to show how small the sim race group really is. No wonder PC is appealing to the masses.

How stupid people drives AC, I think that the most stupid founds from here. People who wanna be some herous and the world best sim racers with their HC simcade AC, so childis people who hurts their feelings if someone not like their toy :)

AC sucks so badly that EU commission should set a ban on the sale...AC ruin this whole sim racing while people think it's too difficult, big audience is what we need. Big audience didn't like GPL they will not like AC, that's why AC is DEAD.

Somebody forgot their medication :confused:

Wow, somebody is leading a personal vendetta against AC as it seems :)
Don't get me wrong, AC is lacking in awful many departments, but you post like you have been molested by AC :D

Like Lou said: Awesome times being a simracer.
You don't like Racing sim A, B and C? No problem, grab GSCE :D

Today I tested 3 different simulators, R3E, AC and GTR Evolution. The most driveable sim was GTR Evolution. The reason is that you can really feel the car weight, front tyre grip and G-forces as well as the wheel can do that. It was and it is the best sim ever.

So it is so it's perfect. If it's not so then I will drive mostly with GTR Evolution...hopelly my copy comes tomorrow...I let you know what I think about it...

Did you try Stock Car Extreme?

If you want to run real, you cannot turn on/off aids while in game
If you run real, make sure to tweak the TC % in the setup...basically increase the slip % allowed
Put some rear breaking bias
Put more diff power
Reduce coast
Reduce aero
Change the steering lock (no "expert" did mention this on any video but the default lock is TOO LOW so the steering is twitchy)
etc....

Why would i make a car undriveable to feel "real" ??? a car should feel real with well designed setups/physics.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%