Kunos have done amazing job with AC

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Just a few thoughts about AC now when Project Cars is out (cause I feel boring and have nothing better to do:D).

First of all, this isn't about which one is better. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.:thumbsup:

But Project Cars made me realize what amazing game Kunos have done. Sometimes we have been too harsh to Kunos and haven't realize what a master piece they have done with such a small team. Yes, there are things that need improvements a lot, but also those other sims need improvements as well. I just have noticed that many people have sometimes unfair expectations and demands about AC. Tiniest errors and mistakes regardin how cars behaves in real world vs game or how AC looks comparing real locations get a huge **** storm:confused:( not always but too often). I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour with other games, at least not so much.

Following comparison about these two games is only my own opinion. ( you never can't underline too much this in sim community:laugh:)

After playing both of these games I realize AC has awesome Graphics and feel of reality when you drive. I really thought PC will win clearly on this aspect based on YouTube videos. But no, there is something that's not right. It looks gameish, not so clear and crisp I thought. Especially when you look in to the distance. Scaling the environment is another thing. World dimensions feels more real in AC to me. Though PC has more alive environment, with all those spectators, flags, helicopters, leafs and so on. And this is only in my Computer, I don't care if it looks different in some high end pc cause I don't have one;)

Comparing FFB is pointless because there is as many opinions as there is sim racers. It's propably a draw:). About user interface and all the setting I say only this: Less is more:thumbsup:

It could be that I'm just so used to AC and it need some time to feel comfortable in PC. I just really hope these both games have great future here in Racedepartment ,and not so that everybody plays only one of those.
Maybe I afraid just a little bit my competitiveness if most of the people moves to PC:p. I'm pretty good at the moment in AC and my fear is that in PC you can find a way to be unrealistically fast. In AC It's all about how good driver you are, not how well you can exploit game physics.

Ps. I don't know if I should have write this in a existing thread so feel free to move it if necessary.

Last edited:
I realized again how much AC still has missing in fantastic features: weather effects, day night transition, LMP's :inlove:, collision free racing

You are absolutely right with that. You can put it like that also.;)

And you're right about those cars. Those are the most enjoyable cars in PC. But what's annoys me is those headlights. No way they drive in real life with so poor lights. Those should light up much futher and brighter

Bottom line is, Project CARS should never have been compared to Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 and iRacing in the first place because it simply hasn't been made with those target audiences in mind. In terms of physics, it's Arcady when compared to AC, rF2 and iRacing, but it's fantastically realistic when it's compared to Forza and Gran Turismo.

Sorry mate but will have to disagree.I love AC and was racing in iR and tried RF2...calling PCars "arcade" compared to those 3 is simply not right. We have raced in AC for many months and obviously a change comes hard and most people flag it as not real simply because it's different. AC has it's own problems in the physics department and it's also evident by the fact that even the modders who produce outstanding content for AC are critical about it's physics. Bottom line is, if we keep opened mind, we are able to enjoy both SIMS...;)

Last edited:
See the visual options and make it happen :) It's all there

This is also another great point. pCars has so many options and settings it's simply crazy. The thing I find most interesting is how so many "hardcore simracers" simply fail to even get into these settings. Out of the box, pCars is set for plug and play so the "casual" gamers can enjoy it and from a business stand point, this makes total sense. If someone claims to be a hardcore simracer they should be able to adjust it to their liking and it's all there. I was also skeptical at first when i launched it but instead of writing it off, I just went into the setups and made it work for me.
Turn all aids off (not real but off)
If you want to run real, you cannot turn on/off aids while in game
If you run real, make sure to tweak the TC % in the setup...basically increase the slip % allowed
Put some rear breaking bias
Put more diff power
Reduce coast
Reduce aero
Change the steering lock (no "expert" did mention this on any video but the default lock is TOO LOW so the steering is twitchy)
etc....

I am also very surprised as to why we are not celebrating a new sim in our catlogue but instead everyone is trying to dumb it down....really don't get it.

I'm not yet driven project CARS LOL but I still choose it, my copy is ordered and posted, should be here next week...arrivederci AC :)
20eb2359ccd588949e1e53580e3d6a0513e452390843bd3e8f2f196d8ee78989.jpg

I am also very surprised as to why we are not celebrating a new sim in our catlogue but instead everyone is trying to dumb it down....really don't get it.
Because it wasn't viewed as a new game. Was marketed as a Doomsday for everything else, by SMS and the entire community. This was while it was behind closed doors, only slipping out carefully selected content. Then it came out and basically everyone got a chance to try it out without the bias coming from their financial investors which gathered as a hype marketing team in all social media, youtube, and sim racing news websites.

I have been played PCars science release of the game and i have to say that it's no bad game, but something is missing.

PCars have many nice touches to make tracks look very real and i hope that Kunos will add those nice touches to AC also.

Car sounds are amazing on PCars, they are loud and raw. I really like them and it's "shows" how good game sounds can be if they are done in right way..

Some cars on PCars feels a little bit weird and it's a really hard to drive fast laps, because you can't be sure how car is going to behave. Overall cars are more easier to drive than AC cars.

I tryed today also AC and when i leaved pits, i missed first corner of track, because i braked too late and then i totally lost control of my car in second corner because i was accelerating too heavy. I was totally forgot how much harder AC was to master, but after 2 laps i managed again to drive fast and problem free laps around track.

Both games are good, but AC wins my heart with 0.5 points. :D I really hope that SMS will fix all bugs of the game and improves it, but i have doubts. They will support this game some months and then they will start to work with PCars2 and thats it.
AC will be game that all will remember years to come, because modding possibilities and big hearts of it's developers...

Last edited:
Because it wasn't viewed as a new game. Was marketed as a Doomsday for everything else, by SMS and the entire community. This was while it was behind closed doors, only slipping out carefully selected content. Then it came out and basically everyone got a chance to try it out without the bias coming from their financial investors which gathered as a hype marketing team in all social media, youtube, and sim racing news websites.

So the marketing and the hype made the product less good? IMO, AC still edges pCars in terms of driving sensation but pCars has so many other things going for it.
I truly believe we should be thankful that all the sims exist because they all raise the bar for each other and we as consumers only benefit.

Last edited:
YEEES!!!

This following report tells everything, this sim is made only for real race drivers or for serious sim racing = too difficult just for fun...maybe

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-allesandro-balzan-test-report

F1 drifting so cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQK8H3t_vv4

Much more realistic F1 driving...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUv4xxCg0NE

Senna Monaco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgP9nugt5I

AC Monaco not so easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gwgb_nw3I4

LOL

I'll just leave this here... It pretty much sums this whole thing up...
http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/
Thanks for that link, I was thinking I'm the only one that just isn't getting it! I spent 6hours yesterday mostly in the bloody FFB settings! For me at this moment it just feels a better version of shift2/Grid Autosport, nowhere near RF2, AC, R3E, GSC, in Sim terms. But I'm sure that's down the the ridiculous amount of FFB settings you have to mess with.
The one car I did enjoy was the Formula Rookie, so I'm hoping it grows on me...... :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back