AC Kunos GT3 @ Road America - Mon 15 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fellas, thank you so much, I'm really touched:inlove:

It's heartwarming to see that all you guys are willing to help Giovanni to "stay in business":thumbsup:. Proud to be part of this community! :)

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said that I like very much this place!

By the way, yesterday night I did some testing, and I found the reason why I was so slow. I was so slow because...I was too fast! You probably know the saying "slow in, fast out". I was doing the opposite: great corner entry speed, but then I was losing AGES on the exit, and I was going full throttle veeery late, losing time on the exit. And with those endless straights of Road America, if you lose one tenth of a second on corner exit, at the end of the straight you have lost almost a second (time delta app is very useful for verifying this).

Yesterday instead I decided to try the approach "slow in, fast out". So I tried to take corners forcing myself to be slower in the entry phase, even braking more somewere, but this way being able to go full throttle as soon as touching the apex, taking advantage of traction control. Improved almost instantly my best time of 1 second, in race configuration (medium tyres).
Then I tried with qualifying configuration (soft tyres), and I improved by 2 seconds. All of this using the very same setup of monday night, which is basically the default one, only adjusted for braking. If I think that on monday qualifying people on the second half of the grid were 3 secs faster than me, and now I improved by 2, I feel that with a better setup I could have been competitive (not for the podium of course, there's no way I could have done a 2.02 :roflmao:).

This also explain why I was so frustrated. That huge corner entry speed, was giving me the sensation I was very fast and at my limit, so I couldn't understand why I was so slow. Conversely, driving with "slow in, fast out" approach gives me the feeling to be slower, but I'm actually faster!

I was behind you at one point, and even though I was 5kph down on most others, I was catching you on the straight really easily (like you were a good 10kph less than me), but then you weren't slow in the corners.

Yeah mate, this is the exact confirmation of what I said above: I was fast on corner entry, but then I was so slow on the exit, losing much time on the straight, at the point that it almost seemed I had pedal issues!

So, huge thanks again guys for your support, see you at Red Bull Ring:inlove:

@Giovanni Chiarotto You're improving rapidly.:thumbsup: Your pace is now roughly only 1s slower then mine. And with the GT-R!:confused: In my opinion that is one of the hardest GT3's to master! Maybe consider the Z4 as someone suggested. That car is very forgiven and let you concentrate on the driving. For me the GT-R is everytime a struggle and it feels like it's driving me. But it's your choice.:D

I noticed that you quite often missed the apex. If you managed that then you will be close to my pace, I think.

@HF2000 Thanks mate! It was really helpful to drive with you on the server yesterday because you were a valid reference for laptimes.
I tried the Z4 some time ago, but I kinda didn't like it because to me it sounds like a washing machine, cannot stand a chance with the cupe and brutal sound of Nissan V6:roflmao:.
But anyway, maybe I'll try her again in the future.

I noticed that you quite often missed the apex. If you managed that then you will be close to my pace, I think.

Not really, I was missing the apex only when you was behind me because I got distracted,
but usually I was taking the apex correctly. In fact, when I missed the apex, I was way more than 1 second slower than you:roflmao:.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing