AC Kunos GT3 Porsche GT3 Cup @ Mills Metropark - Monday 27 Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@pattikins
Interesting comments, just changed my PC, kept the original until I was happy about the new one, actually had few problems,
When i upgraded, was careful to get, obviously, newer components but all the same.
If I had a problem it was easy to search bios and operating system for discrepancies.
As you say, purposely kept to Intel, mainly for the single core performances, mine i5 9600k runs quite happily ( at present :O_o: ) 5Ghz all cores.
Not that any of the above is of any help to you, other than the fact prior to
my new PC, have been through what you are going through, luckily not to the same magnitude.
So you have my sympathy, not much of a reward, but at least you have it.
Asked just in case I could contribute, but saw the Rasmus was involved, that boy knows his stuff, but more than that it is his application I admire far more.

I suspect that the problem lies with Windows scheduler, even though my cpu isn't capable of reaching it's advertised speed of 4.4ghz (nor 4.3ghz on any core! - AMD 3600x). Apart from AC/RF2 (raceroom seems fine), I don't have any issues with other games. I've also spent more hours researching the problem than I would like to admit, even to myself, and I feel like I've exhausted all my options. In hindsight, I'd have been better off doing those hours @ work & buying a decent Intel system.
What memory do you have? AMD Ryzen processors really rely on fast RAM (and good timings) to reach their boost clocks.

Just received my AMD 3700x so hope I don't have similar issues. I currently have a 3770k overclocked to 4.4ghz.

Are you using PBO or whatever its called?

I hope you don't and I'm sure you won't. - my problem was/is that some of the cpu threads ran flat out regardless of my setup - I could cap the frames @ 30fps and the cpu would work as hard as though it was running uncapped. The only time it didn't behave in this way was when I capped the frames to 30, and used the benchmark.

I also went from an i7 3770 (non-k).

After reinstalling Windows I reset the bios and the PBO is on by default. Going by some reviews it's the least effective.

I remember something about @Durge Driven commenting on something which sounded (to my untrained ear) like something similar in THIS thread.
I don't know the guy, but he seems very knowledgeable and also seems happy to help people out with advice where he can. Maybe you could try asking over in that thread?

I remember something about @Durge Driven commenting on something which sounded (to my untrained ear) like something similar in THIS thread.
I don't know the guy, but he seems very knowledgeable and also seems happy to help people out with advice where he can. Maybe you could try asking over in that thread?

I've been dipping in & out of that thread. He seems very knowledgeable and I'll ask him when I've recharged my batteries. I'm taking a break from trying to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the thought Patrick, really appreciated :)

Sorry to hear you have the same problem Ernie.... I thought I had it fixed, the kids bought me some compression gloves for Christmas which have been amazing for arthritis and white finger (link below), but I spent too long outside today, never got the circulation back.

On Weds I'll be staying in, wearing my Mr Rabbit onesie 'n new gloves:laugh:

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compressio...t=&hvlocphy=1006937&hvtargid=pla-837808692402)

---------------------------

Last thought: If anyone has a round (any!) steering wheel for Thrustmaster I'll be happy to do a straight swap for my Formula rim - which is a literal pain when you can't move your thumbs.
Hi mate. Ihave a round thrustmaster wheel off my T300. Hardly used. I can send pics if you want. Lets set up a conversation

@pattikins was contemplating my navel last night, :geek: wondered if, like normal, got it wrong, did RasmusP help you or had I returned to my confused state and imagined it all.:rolleyes:

He did offer his help. Unfortunately he couldn't come up with a solution and suggested that something was thrashing the cpu. I've done a fresh install on a new SSD drive and the cpu usage is better, but higher than it should be - compared to my i7 3770.

When I first bought the AMD r5 3600[x], AC was super smooth. Things started to fall apart following an update late last year. Not only was I experiencing bad stuttering, but after a Windows reset I was having other issues with AC. I couldn't at first use replay or save the AC sessions. When I tried to get around it by using a 'force 32' workaround that too eventually stopped working. The one thing that I have learned from this saga is that Windows' reset option only makes things worse. :mad: I've decided to keep all my AC screenshots in a single folder if you want to have a look.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%