AC Kunos GT3 Porsche GT3 Cup @ Mills Metropark - Monday 27 Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd be happy doing 2x25min if that helps :thumbsup: .......
Thanks for the thought Patrick, really appreciated :)
like John my arty wrists were sore, along with my driving, Ho well
Sorry to hear you have the same problem Ernie.... I thought I had it fixed, the kids bought me some compression gloves for Christmas which have been amazing for arthritis and white finger (link below), but I spent too long outside today, never got the circulation back.

On Weds I'll be staying in, wearing my Mr Rabbit onesie 'n new gloves:laugh:

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compressio...t=&hvlocphy=1006937&hvtargid=pla-837808692402)

---------------------------

Last thought: If anyone has a round (any!) steering wheel for Thrustmaster I'll be happy to do a straight swap for my Formula rim - which is a literal pain when you can't move your thumbs.

Still having problems Patrick, a lot of knowledge has gone in to trying and fix that PC of yours ?
That was just a difficult race, like John my arty wrists were sore, along with my driving, Ho well.
Well done to podiums, many thanks also to @Denis Betty
and many thanks to all I met on my travels.:)

Thanks for asking Ernie. After a fresh Windows install (two previous Windows' resets didn't work) and using a program called process lasso (I assign the threads for AC to run on...), the PC seems to be working a lot better - still far from perfect. I managed to get through the practice & qualification without any stuttering issues. It started, however, to get a bit ropy after about a third of the race, when it was struggling to maintain a minimum asw (45fps) frame-rate. Oculus didn't help matters. It kept losing tracking - the wheel kept dropping down towards my feet, the next moment it would be above my head, or shift to either side of me. I swear it was trying to get me to do the hokey cokey :confused: I suspect it will have me in sync with aga[flippin']doo on Wednesday :mad:. Having to lift on the straight, whilst fumbling around for a cordless keyboard, did spoil the race a bit. That said, it's miles better than it was.

@GEO147 Damn George. I've spun three times when I was close behind you. Do you have a James Bond gadget for dropping oil or something like that?

Congrats to the podium and thanks for organising, Denis! It was intense but fun.

Oh, btw I found the car in the last 6 laps more difficult to handle. Tyres were OK. Did anyone else had the same experience?
Yes Han, the last 10 laps for me were dire, handling changed totally - never thought (doh!) to change the brake balance :O_o: Learning is the best part:laugh:

No I was only joking of course. In the first lap I was surprised with a sudden movement of you in that fast left just before the tricky S and I braked too hard for cold tyres. The other occasions I was just too eager to catch a slipstream on the long straight. So none of them were caused by you.
Sorry dude. The 1st lap always is a bit hectic. Just read Enzo ran a 10 wing. I was running 8

You should. Have you tried them around the Fonteny circuit?

Edit:
VR legs test. Try watching a (AC) replay in VR & stand up :sneaky::laugh:
On Christmas day Patrick I used the Odyssey Plus for first time. Drove the 650 round Mugello for about 45 mins. The parked her in pits and got out of rig to look at exterior of car. Was blown away but nearly fell over was so disoriented. Was very I'll for all Christmas day after it. Couldn't eat at all.

@pattikins sorry about the PC, bit shocked to hear you still have problems, by that I mean as a last resort a complete refresh win 10 download has always been for me the last resort, but a fix.

( was looking at your lap times when on the long straight bit )

I cannot race at all if even something minor happens, it’s as though I have one brain cell, if it is only working in one direction all is ok, cannot multitask for a distraction. :O_o:

@Medilloni thank-you so much for that, “gloves ordered”, will report back on their effectiveness.:):):):)

Ps, It was not brake balance for me, it was a nervousness that at about 4 laps to go suddenly appeared, from that point on had to be extra careful with throttle application. ( maybe I was just getting tired, one lap in this car requires a 100% concentration ):(

On Christmas day Patrick I used the Odyssey Plus for first time. Drove the 650 round Mugello for about 45 mins. The parked her in pits and got out of rig to look at exterior of car. Was blown away but nearly fell over was so disoriented. Was very I'll for all Christmas day after it. Couldn't eat at all.
Have you tried Laguna Seca yet? It's the first thing I did when I got my Odyssey. Was a little bit nauseous and disoriented but never had any issues after that. :)

Will try it for sure :thumbsup:
I'd like to know if it also improves your laptimes. On Mills I couldn't look into the turn at the end of the long straight which made it difficult to hit the apex and consequently to follow the raceline in the following S turns. Laguna Seca has two of those "blind" turns with a fixed screen view.

I'd like to know if it's worth the money and the loss of resolution.

I'd like to know if it also improves your laptimes. On Mills I couldn't look into the turn at the end of the long straight which made it difficult to hit the apex and consequently to follow the raceline in the following S turns. Laguna Seca has two of those "blind" turns with a fixed screen view.

I'd like to know if it's worth the money and the loss of resolution.
Not much help with a single monitor Han... but for tracks like this I turn race line on, I don't like it because it looks horrible (and not always accurate!), but it gives a better idea where I should be 'pointed', if that makes sense?

I dream of triples :laugh:

Not much help with a single monitor Han... but for tracks like this I turn race line on, I don't like it because it looks horrible (and not always accurate!), but it gives a better idea where I should be 'pointed', if that makes sense?

I dream of triples :laugh:
Ah, that explains why you were constantly gaining on me in that part of the circuit. And I think it would also have been a great help in the fast lefter to find the apex there. Never used it but I will give it a try next time. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

To each their own but I would feel like turning the racing line on would feel like cheating and cause a loss of realism/immersion.

Not complaining as I can turn it on myself as can anyone if they feel disadvantaged. I just presumed nobody used it?

Interested to know how many of those racing last night used it?

To each their own but I would feel like turning the racing line on would feel like cheating and cause a loss of realism/immersion.

Not complaining as I can turn it on myself as can anyone if they feel disadvantaged. I just presumed nobody used it?

Interested to know how many of those racing last night used it?
I think these things are good for practice, similar to the live laptime delta. But I suggest turning it off if you want to improve.

Same goes for Helicorsa, really not a fan of it as it seems to make people take more risks and you're not improving your natural situational awareness. Furthermore, it can also send false information, as helicorsa gets impacted by the latency between you, the driver next to you and the server. That's all fine if you both have a ping of <=30ms. But when you're getting closer to 100ms latency, helicorsa will basically send you false information for double that time, until you receive the next update from the server.

In short, I'd rather get hit by someone trying to improve their situational awareness and racecraft than by someone leaning too heavily on helicorsa.

@pattikins sorry about the PC, bit shocked to hear you still have problems, by that I mean as a last resort a complete refresh win 10 download has always been for me the last resort, but a fix.

( was looking at your lap times when on the long straight bit )

I cannot race at all if even something minor happens, it’s as though I have one brain cell, if it is only working in one direction all is ok, cannot multitask for a distraction. :O_o:

@Medilloni thank-you so much for that, “gloves ordered”, will report back on their effectiveness.:):):):)

I suspect that the problem lies with Windows scheduler, even though my cpu isn't capable of reaching it's advertised speed of 4.4ghz (nor 4.3ghz on any core! - AMD 3600x). Apart from AC/RF2 (raceroom seems fine), I don't have any issues with other games. I've also spent more hours researching the problem than I would like to admit, even to myself, and I feel like I've exhausted all my options. In hindsight, I'd have been better off doing those hours @ work & buying a decent Intel system.

When I say that I lifted on the straight, it was more that I couldn't change gear because I was using my right hand to search for my keyboard (& left hand for pressing ctrl+space (blindfolded)). It was my own fault for not assigning the VR reset buttons (look left/right) before the race - although that can be problematic.

“gloves ordered” aka racing gloves. Racing helmet--->neck brace? :laugh: :p

Just received my AMD 3700x so hope I don't have similar issues. I currently have a 3770k overclocked to 4.4ghz.

Are you using PBO or whatever its called?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%