Kunos: Converted tracks from other games to AC = Ban!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't think you are right. I clearly stated I have a different take. Its my opinion. Nothing more. None of us work at Kunos so we don't know the real truth regardless of what we're told. How many tracks or cars have been converted from one game to another and not been removed over the years? You don't find it a little strange this is happening now especially when so many rFactor tracks were converted to netKar?
But were those files hosted on their servers?

From AC Forum:
If we'll be provided with facts of an authorized conversion, we'll re-open the thread... meanwhile. Closed.

this is the all point ... kunos only allow conversions with the authors permission ... they are doing the right thing ... they are protecting themselves and respecting modders work at the same time ... while others just :whistling:

@Jorge Alves Where were you with your moral support for the last seven years when RD was the only site together with Nogrip policing files?

Don't patronize us for having a crystal clear policy now that besides saving us a shitload of work also puts the responsibility at the right person: the uploader. Similar to Youtube. See, report, take down = easy and workable.

Seeing you removed your mod please also delete your videos from Youtube and your mods from mediafire as they have a similar policy.

Getting sick off this debate already as whatever the outcome is its never good and people like yourself always find a way to twist it around so its our fault in the end, well done :thumbsup:

Time to bring back the black sheep.

always the same old sheep talk ... meanwhile there are converted non-authorized mods available to download with your suport and knowledge... and that is the fact

you can start talking about youtube videos and whatever you have donne all this years ... you can play the victim ... but the fact is that what you are doing is wrong

You are such a hypocrite now Jorge, I remember you driving on tons of illegal tracks in Netkar Pro: Autumn Ring, Brands Hatch (hello Simbin!), Suzuka (Hello GP4!), A1 Ring (Hello Codemasters!), Moscow Raceway and many others. Never heard you back then ranting to the guys of Radiators.

At RD the simple fact is that the author of this track obviously doesn't give a damn otherwise he would have reported the file by clicking one simple report button, which is located under each post and resource file.

We are, and ill say it again, doing nothing wrong. If the copyrights holder have a problem with a file that they think belongs to them they can report it, and we'll remove it.

If you need to blame somebody, go unleash your morals to the uploaders that do not read the rules before posting.

But were those files hosted on their servers?

If you go to the netKar Pro website, when you go to the support tab and click on official support forums, it takes you directly to DrivingItalia.net where you can download all of the add-on tracks. While I understand they may not own that forum, they sure don't have a problem promoting it as their official support forum. I found that strange in light of this current situation.

http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=54&lang=en

You are such a hypocrite now Jorge, I remember you driving on tons of illegal tracks in Netkar Pro: Autumn Ring, Brands Hatch (hello Simbin!), Suzuka (Hello GP4!), A1 Ring (Hello Codemasters!), Moscow Raceway and many others. Never heard you back then ranting to the guys of Radiators.

At RD the simple fact is that the author of this track obviously doesn't give a damn otherwise he would have reported the file by clicking one simple report button.

We are, and ill say it again, doing nothing wrong. If the copyrights holder have a problem with a file that they think belongs to them they can report it, and we'll remove it.

If you need to blame somebody, go unleash your morals to the uploader.

no need to go personal man ... im not hypocrite and you are very wrong ... the guys in RSR were the ones who told me to delete all the illegal content from my site when i was running kunosim.net ... i had no idea until then there was this illegal conversions ...

but this is not the point on this thread ... im not talking about illegal conversions ... this is about RESPECTING modders works ... its the only thing im talking about ... and you are clearly not doing it by allwoing this kind of content.

always the same old sheep talk ... meanwhile there are converted non-authorized mods available to download with your suport and knowledge... and that is the fact

you can start talking about youtube videos and whatever you have donne all this years ... you can play the victim ... but the fact is that what you are doing is wrong

images.jpg

but this is not the point on this thread ... im not talking about illegal conversions ... this is about RESPECTING modders works ... its the only thing im talking about ... and you are clearly not doing it by allwoing this kind of content.

Okay, let's just assume AC's modding community is going to kick off in a similar fashion to rfactor1's in the near future. Are you suggesting that the admins at RD will go through the files of every single track/car/whatever to ensure its all original work? Way to much work (impossible even).

Or do you have proof that the conversion by aspec7878 is not permitted by the original authors of the tracks. If so, please just state your proof and I'm sure the Guys here at RD will look into it.

Here, I'll even help you: As far as I know the original author of Eastern Creek (which is a laserscan btw, just as the famous Oran Park) is a guy named Piddy who's also involved in the whole Bobs Track Builder Project. They have an official subforum here at RD, so maybe someone over there can help...Maybe @Brendon Pywell.

Okay, let's just assume AC's modding community is going to kick off in a similar fashion to rfactor1's in the near future. Are you suggesting that the admins at RD will go through the files of every single track/car/whatever to ensure its all original work? Way to much work (impossible even).

Im no suggesting that ... but when its public on the forums that the conversion have no permission then yes ... it should be removed

Or do you have proof that the conversion by aspec7878 is not permitted by the original authors of the tracks. If so, please just state your proof and I'm sure the Guys here at RD will look into it.

not start talking about proofs and laws ... if he had permission kunos will not close aspec7878 threads ... that they will re-open as soon as aspec7878 show he has permission (i hope he does that cause i like the Top Gear track)

Here, I'll even help you: As far as I know the original author of Eastern Creek (which is a laserscan btw, just as the famous Oran Park) is a guy named Piddy who's also involved in the whole Bobs Track Builder Project. They have an official subforum here at RD, so maybe someone over there can help...Maybe @Brendon Pywell.

If he have permission he should just say it and everything is solved ... and no need for all this mess anymore :)

Last edited:
If a member or person want to get in touch with RD to say that his content is in our database for download without his/her permission, they can do and we will act accordingly.
And only the owner of the content and nobody else can do this.
We are not preprepared to discuss somebody else's content.
We have Stated our policy plain and simple for all to understand.

Now let this be a end to it please.!!!
We have nothing more to say on the matter.

Im no suggesting that ... but when its public on the forums that the conversion have no permission then yes ... it should be removed

Please link to where there is proof that there was no permission. The only thing you posted here is this ASSUMPTION from kunos' side that there was no permission:

If we'll be provided with facts of an authorized conversion, we'll re-open the thread... meanwhile. Closed.

...and that is their right to do, even more because it's more then likely that there is no permission, but we dont know that yet. And as long as we dont know, RD is going to host the files in good faith as stated by policy and in this thread.

I agree with most being said here but...some guys should spend more time driving real cars instead of being all day here trolling with members opinion.
...no wonder some can't tell how unreal most cars are in this game!

Irrelevant comment just to stir the pot and get an angry reaction out of people.

Leave now Pedro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back