AC Kunos : Audi TT RS (VLN) @ Imola - Wednesday 22 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , enjoyed that - but must admit I'd use mediums next time, I was bricking it in the last 10 mins with @Daniel Nieto closing in for the kill, and watching my tyres and lap times drop faster than a Bride's nightie :p

Huge thanks to @SOLO59 Dean, super fair racing in the first half, if you hadn't made a tiny slip I'd never have got past, there was so little between us:thumbsup:

See you all on the next one:)

Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , enjoyed that - but must admit I'd use mediums next time, I was bricking it in the last 10 mins with @Daniel Nieto closing in for the kill, and watching my tyres and lap times drop faster than a Bride's nightie :p

Huge thanks to @SOLO59 Dean, super fair racing in the first half, if you hadn't made a tiny slip I'd never have got past, there was so little between us:thumbsup:

See you all on the next one:)

Yea John, amazing clean fight we had there! My lap times were at least .500 slower than yours. I knew you would eventually pass, I tried to keep things interesting defending as long as I could. After my little mistake, and you passed me, thats when I could finally achieve close to your lap times by following you. Great driving bro!

Then
Daniel was gaining on me with his own quick lap times! He got by me too without much hassle as i made another minor mistake. But again, Daniel and John were lapping faster than me, so I kept my focus on a solid podium finish P3.

Great race guys and congrats to @Medilloni for the W and @Daniel Nieto P2

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting!

Very nice race indeed.
I had lot of difficulties to set up the gearbox because I discovered the just before the race.

It doesnt matter.
Nice and fun fighting with craig, Raresh, hape...
I even overtake briefly Wolf ! (OK, he has made small mistake after overtaking me :D)

I had to fight with someone during the all race. Cool :thumbsup:

@Craig Dunkley Ey up Craig, sorry to pester, do you know if there's a problem with Simresults.net? Tried uploading the json file and it's not working:( Was keen to see the laptimes:)

I just tried and not giving me race results either.

Sadly I never took enough notice, but if you edit the race_out .jason file by moving or adding a . yes a . it works ..maybe someone will read this and explain what to do.

Drivers ..now the hot weather appears to be on us, I thinking about reducing race time to 30 mins? what are your thoughts?
I'll go with the flow Craig:)

During the week I love the 2x 20 min races, I need to recover from Monday's events:laugh:

To be honest I don't think 10 mins or so will make any difference, maybe for those with young children I guess...

I'll go with the flow Craig:)

During the week I love the 2x 20 min races, I need to recover from Monday's events:laugh:

To be honest I don't think 10 mins or so will make any difference, maybe for those with young children I guess...

2 x 20 might be good ...cause anybody that has had enough can leave after one race or just join for the second :thumbsup:

Personally, what is complicated is more when it start as the length of the race . As a french guy (applies for other countries ), it starts one hour later as in england, and of course it finish one hour later.
It may be difficult to race during the week (for example nordschleife race would have finish for me at midnight, which was too late for me ).

I tend personally to prefer longer races, and maybe start hall an hour sooner and/or no practise time before qualification.(again not to finish to late)

Personally, what is complicated is more when it start as the length of the race . As a french guy (applies for other countries ), it starts one hour later as in england, and of course it finish one hour later.
It may be difficult to race during the week (for example nordschleife race would have finish for me at midnight, which was too late for me ).

I tend personally to prefer longer races, and maybe start hall an hour sooner and/or no practise time before qualification.(again not to finish to late)

As much as I agree with you, because I am actually +2 from London's hour, I don't think they will change :( it would be cool, thou, but you'll have less time for practice. Also, summer season means you have longer days, so a later hour will actually be more favourable because they can actually stay longer outside ...

As everyone is sharing the feelings about the race, I was happy after the race because it was my first race on RD when I didn't spin or get out of track :D which helped a lot. I was 3rd for 6-7 minutes :)) until the faster guys catched me and I lost 4 positions I half a lap :( But I kept the pace and I had a very good margin to the next player. It was nice to drive relaxed and not being stressed to catch others.

@Craig Dunkley Ey up Craig, sorry to pester, do you know if there's a problem with Simresults.net? Tried uploading the json file and it's not working:( Was keen to see the laptimes:)

I have tried and it works perfectly for me.
Great Discovery . Thanks !!!!
(okay, the qualification looks Strange, but the infos about the race are great !!!)

I could see that I have made a nice race for my "talent".
I was surprisingly pretty quick in some sector, intended that my qualification time has been miserable.

Just to make a trial, i have saved the results.
Just go to the simresults.net and search for imola from yesterday on the list .
Result page.

The name are not complete, so i suppose it is okay for all of us.
If not sorry, won't do it again. (Ihad no idea how the saved results will look).

I personally think that it is a great addition to the post race discussion.

Just to make a trial, i have saved the results.
Just go to the simresults.net and search for imola from yesterday on the list .
Result page.

The name are not complete, so i suppose it is okay for all of us.
If not sorry, won't do it again. (Ihad no idea how the saved results will look).

I personally think that it is a great addition to the post race discussion.
Totally agree Emmanuel, it's great to see how the race played out, consistency, lap times to try and achieve in the future etc... great stuff, thanks for putting it up there:thumbsup:

It is indeed very nice.
The gap graphics is interesting.
I can see that after the initial loss at the beginning of the race, (starting about last doesnt help !) I was not so much out of pace on the length, which is nice to see

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%