Kunos and R3E Laser Scanned Green Hell

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
This is the Laser Scan information from Kunos: http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-nurburgring-nordschleife-laser-scan-screens/

This is from Simbin,
Nordschleife is the first Simbin Laser Scanned track, this is a very fresh information two months ago...

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Laser-scanned-Nrburgring-Nordschleife-confirmed-for-R3E
----
And before you ask, yes it will be laser-scanned, as outlined in the screenshot. The release will mark the first real world track to be laser-scanned in R3E. A release date has yet to be confirmed, but we'll keep you updated.
----

Please explain me what is this means: "The release will mark the first real world track to be laser-scanned in R3E"

So is this the first Laser scanned track ever for commercial Game or the first Laser scanned track for R3E??? I thought Simbin scanned all their tracks for many years like iRacing and others???

What about this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/627456486959865695/?insideModal=1

Thanks!

This is the Laser Scan information from Kunos: http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-nurburgring-nordschleife-laser-scan-screens/

This is from Simbin,
Nordschleife is the first Simbin Laser Scanned track, this is a very fresh information two months ago...

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Laser-scanned-Nrburgring-Nordschleife-confirmed-for-R3E
----
And before you ask, yes it will be laser-scanned, as outlined in the screenshot. The release will mark the first real world track to be laser-scanned in R3E. A release date has yet to be confirmed, but we'll keep you updated.
----

Please explain me what is this means: "The release will mark the first real world track to be laser-scanned in R3E"

So is this the first Laser scanned track ever for commercial Game or the first Laser scanned track for R3E??? I thought Simbin scanned all their tracks for many years like iRacing and others???

What about this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/627456486959865695/?insideModal=1

Thanks!
They (R3E) seem to be saying it's the first real world track that they've laser scanned. Indicating their other tracks aren't laser scanned.
Yes, Nord is there first laser scanned track, but for the rest of there tracks they are quite extraordinary for not being scanned and scratch made. Means quicker turn around time and spend less money I believe. Laser scanned is still the best but I can quickly forget that if a track is well made and allows for good racing.

He's witch hunting now, thinking laser-scanned AC tracks are hoax. This all started after his claims that Kunos copied his drag strip track (see closed topic below this), so then it escalated to Kunos doesn't laser-scan their tracks.

And who are you, one of Kunos member?

Or do you know Kunos people or what is your point for this kind of attitude against to me, note that I start modding 2003 and after that created and released so many track mods that I really know if my work used no matter who did it?

I asked Kunos to show me track files for Drag Strip so I can check if they copied my scratch build track for their version. Track layout is the same and Race Mode totally same as I did. Race mode is not even close to real Drag Racing as GTR2 did not support Drag Racing, Kunos created as poor Drag Racing mode as I so do you really think that it's their own track? No it's not they just did some visual changes to my track, that's how I see this now. If I can open their files and see them with my own eyes so I can immediately say if the whole track is mine, sorry boys but this it not your case so shut up if you do not have any information for this.

This calls for a meme, guys. :D:D
e31.jpg

I asked Kunos to show me track files for Drag Strip so I can check if they copied my scratch build track for their version.
They're not going to show you their files when they know they didn't copy you, you'd have to get a court order which would probably come with a confidentiality clause.

Track layout is the same and Race Mode totally same as I did.
It's not surprising the track layout is similar, it's a drag strip. The race mode is the best Kunos could achieve with the software. They probably would like for it to be closer to the real thing but AC doesn't allow that so they went with a basic setup. These sound to be the same restriction you had when making your strip so again, there's a simple explanation for why they seem similar, it's because they couldn't make it any better than sitting at a basic set of lights and driving in a straight line. As far as I can see the only similarities between your track and Kunos one is that it's a straight long piece of road. The similarities in the way it works is just the fact neither you nor Kunos could implement a full working drag race.

No conspiracy, no rip off, just two people ending up at the same place because of the same restrictions.

They're not going to show you their files when they know they didn't copy you, bla bla blaa...

It's not surprising the track layout is similar, it's a drag strip. The race mode is the best Kunos could achieve with the software. They probably would like for it to be closer to the real thing but AC doesn't allow that so they went with a basic setup. These sound to be the same restriction you had when making your strip so again, there's a simple explanation for why they seem similar, it's because they couldn't make it any better than sitting at a basic set of lights and driving in a straight line. As far as I can see the only similarities between your track and Kunos one is that it's a straight long piece of road. The similarities in the way it works is just the fact neither you nor Kunos could implement a full working drag race.

No conspiracy, no rip off, just two people ending up at the same place because of the same restrictions.

Oh hi! so could you find any better reason as hiding some "who cares Drag Strip" files??? there's no secrets at that simple layout, of course they can show all files for me, I can't find any reason why not! Still waiting forward! I will open those files way or another way...

Oh hi! so could you find any better reason as hiding some "who cares Drag Strip" files??? there's no secrets at that simple layout, of course they can show all files for me, I can't find any reason why not! Still waiting forward! I will open those files way or another way...
There's no other reason for not showing you the files other than they don't have to. I would assume most programmers in the gaming business wouldn't want to be handing out their code to random people who claim they've been copied. Their code is their company, just like Apple won't be giving you the plans for their iPhone if you claim you invented smart phones, Kunos won't be handing over their files to you.

This really is one of the more bizarre things I've come across.

So all files crypted to make sure that...okay...I got it!

Already found some interesting information..it seems that there might be the way open those files...lets see...so long! Also Simbin did crypted their files LOL :)

Sorry if this information hurt somebody's feelings, I just asked about similarity between my and AC track, that's all, Sim is Great and I can't wait to join Racing against you guys, I love winning!!!

Sorry if this information hurt somebody's feelings, I just asked about similarity between my and AC track, that's all, Sim is Great and I can't wait to join Racing against you guys, I love winning!!!
I don't mean to sound aggressive or anything, but it's not surprising that two people trying to make the same thing ended up with similar results. If anything you should be proud that your work comes out similar to Kunos stuff, because I consider kunos to be one of the best out there.

I really don't think they copied you though, so I don't see any need for you to see their files and the bottom line is a company just isn't going to give out that information without a court order telling them they have to.

I really don't think they copied you though, so I don't see any need for you to see their files and the bottom line is a company just isn't going to give out that information without a court order telling them they have to.

You totally dismissed my point, this is not a war, i'm just so curious to see if i'm right nothing else. If they want they can tell how they decided to use that same solution etc but did not create fully supported much more interesting Drag Racing mode with burn outs and stage lights...professional team should be able to do that. I can't change games core but they can, their track is technically same but visually much greater.

If they want they can tell how they decided to use that same solution etc but did not create fully supported much more interesting Drag Racing mode with burn outs and stage lights...
The engine in its current state doesn't support any procedures before the actual race start, so they came up with an obvious simplified solution - just place the car on the grid, show him simple race starting lights and he's off.
It's been done this way in other games as well. Shift 2 comes to mind, even though they added an extra feature of that engine rev bar helping with reaching optimal revs when launching.

professional team should be able to do that. I can't change games core but they can
Sure, they COULD put some work into the engine to add pre-start staging procedures, but that would mean not working on other stuff, which at the moment are their (and our) priorities. And I'm pretty sure MANY people would be pissed, if suddenly they learned, that Kunos had delayed the release of DLC cars cause they're working on drag mode... :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%