PC2 Kudos to SMS on lateral tire force ffb

Shovas

Premium
There's a lateral force coming through ffb that I have never felt in any sim that I can recall, or at least never felt it as helpful as it is. You do have to use Jack Spade files and really tune the in-game parameters intensively but once you do you can start to feel this.

The force comes in when you get the car a little bit sideways: It's like the outer tire's wall flexes inward, and vice versa for the inner tire, and the ffb is communicating this to you.

If you read the description the in-game ffb settings, you'll notice it talks about lateral forces. I assume this is what those are referring to when you're actually driving.

It's one thing to correct a slide by feeling the angle and weight of the wheel but that extra dimensions of how the tire apparently feels to be compressing and uncompressing in cornering was really something new for me.

Kudos to SMS for doing that. I don't recall feeling that even in RF2 which I think is tops for FFB, otherwise.

Must agree too....i took some time off pc2 to compete in a season of iracing rallycross.

I recently fired up pc2 again and used jack spade low comp file combined with a t300 with sparco rally rim and I must say it's a huge difference from the stock ffb.

Really enjoy the feel of how you can lean on the outside tires midcorner allowing you to modulate the throttle before under/oversteer effects kick in.

I also noticed the jack spade files gives a similar understeer effect to AC which I feel is pretty realistic.

Just wish SMS would do a final polish and add some of the missing features to this title before moving on to there next project.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%