Kubica Driving "Completely Different Car" to Russell

It's probably not worth for them to so this. Why should they? They see the difference and the cockpits are probably different: wheel, pedals seat position etc. Not that easy to just jump into another car in these days.
And it would be a time waste for the team. They need to get that piece of crap up to speed rather than making kubica feels good or proving a theory to the public.
What I don't understand though is why kubica is throwing the car under the bus... Good pr for him but bad for the team!

Then why are the test and reserve drivers able to jump in and do it?

Then why are the test and reserve drivers able to jump in and do it?
Good point actually... I only read about it being not so easy today.
An argument could be that test and reserve drivers are not asked to beat their team mate's times on track, which would be the reason for kubica to swap the car though.
Anyway, good point from you!

Good point actually... I only read about it being not so easy today.
An argument could be that test and reserve drivers are not asked to beat their team mate's times on track, which would be the reason for kubica to swap the car though.
Anyway, good point from you!

I know. It's odd. I agree. They aren't expected to, but we've seen it happen where they come very close or push it harder. Not sure what's going on at Williams, though. The only thing I'm sure about is they're trying hard to control the narrative in the public. It just seems odd they don't swap cars for a stint. If anything, you'd think they'd want Russell's opinion on what feels different between his car and Kubica's, right?

The worst car on the grid and the two drivers are still not working together to help the team to fix it? Thats why F1 is a crap toxic environment even within a last place team.
Kubica has nothing to prove.. he already did by being on the grid again. He just wants to get the car fixed.

I'm not saying it's Kubica's fault, but when you realize that Williams hired a 34 year driver who hasn't driven in Formula One for nearly a decade, and in the meantime had an accident that left his arm severely damaged, you see that with decisions like that it's no big surprise that they are where they are.

Edit:
And when you realize that last year they hired a driver that everyone considered to be an even worse decision than Kubica, you see the grave they dug themselves into really has no end.

Well they want an experienced former f1 driver. Not only young rookies who cannot develop/fix a car over the season. And he already was their test driver so they didn’t just put him in the seat out of a blue.

And due to the allowed powersteering in F1 he has no issues with his arm i would assume.

Well they want an experienced former f1 driver. Not only young rookies who cannot develop/fix a car over the season. And he already was their test driver so they didn’t just put him in the seat out of a blue.

And due to the allowed powersteering in F1 he has no issues with his arm i would assume.

I think it's simpler than that: he brought money. Three out of the last four drivers they hired, they did because of la plata.
Experience isn't gonna solve their issues, especially when that experience comes from a driver whose last F1 car was an NA V8 car with a narrower body, narrower tyres, lower weight and less downforce. If that experience helps with anything, then so does Russel's F2 experience.

It has nothing to do with the cars (other than the fact they are crap).
It is a man living in denial that his disability won't allow him to be able to drive a finely tuned, high powered race car the same as everyone else.
C'est la vie!

But he is and was last year in testing...so... i think its more how 'easy' modern F1 cars are to drive..... what is very clear is that the Williams is crap in relative terms..but as a racing car it is one of the best on the planet in comparison to many others, for example it would DESTROY a BTCC car or a V8 supercar or a GT3 car, a 1960's 1970's 1990's F1 car..DESTROY them!!
It is just a crap F1 car compared to the rest in 2019....

Why dose everyone say team mates have the same machinery in some cases it is never like that. Often a new innovation will be tested and driver A likes it and driver B dose not. Obvousley the cockpit controls has to be modified for Kubacia due to his amputated arm. One driver will get the best aerodynamics for setup and another may get a 2nd grade one.

1150076.jpg

@ Antony Snook
Not amputated but disabled

The worst car on the grid and the two drivers are still not working together to help the team to fix it? Thats why F1 is a crap toxic environment even within a last place team.
Kubica has nothing to prove.. he already did by being on the grid again. He just wants to get the car fixed.
I think hes doing like Michale Schumacher did when he went out of retirement to AMG Mercedes he could not do mutch to the car in the race but a good development driver. With Robert's experience he can help develop the team. Retire again and someone with less experience can sit in and race it. Lets see where Williams are by mid season.

This is a bit stunning. With all those sensors on board today they cannot figure out which part is acting up differently between identical cars?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back