Kubacia ?

I realy do not understand what Williams are doing this year they only have 4 points. Two un experienced drivers in Stroll and Sirotkin. They race for next to nothing in comparisons to other drivers.

But Robert Kubacia is the test driver with more talent and experience. A handful of drives from this driver who was highly rated before his Rally accident will pick up points or even podeoms.

It is not Logical to run two young guns in one team. And a name with as much history as Williams should not be as far back.
:ninja:

They'd be lucky to get points even with the car they have at the moment.... even with Kubica driving. There's been a few high up people left (presumably blamed for bad results) so hopefully they can start to turn it around.

As I said in another thread, you have to wonder at this rate how long it is before even the Strolls get fed up of the lack of results and take their money elsewhere.

A real shame how the once mighty team has fallen.

Williams are in quite the 'pickle'.
The two active drivers bring lots of money and probably won't be relegated to testing, while their best chance at 'seat-of-the-pant' input to move car development forward drives the simulator.
Can't get points if the car can't be developed.
Can't get the car on track if there is no money.
It's a bad situation.

How embarrassing would it be if Lance Stroll walked away from the team. Lance Stroll, walking away from a drive he shouldn't have a chance at getting to start with.....

Poor Williams, I'm missing seeing they at the front where they deserve

How embarrassing would it be if Lance Stroll walked away from the team. Lance Stroll, walking away from a drive he shouldn't have a chance at getting to start with.....

Poor Williams, I'm missing seeing they at the front where they deserve
Williams...much like McLaren are suffering because of their past arrogance.
There was a time in F1 where both were so dominant, they dictated the outright terms of a race seat...and guys who wanted to win, had no choice but to accept those terms.
The shoe is now on the other foot, with driver cash dictating the terms.
At some point the team is going to have to suck it up...go out on a sponsorship campaign to try bringing in funds of their own, then control seat placement with a good all-round and development driver.
While it has become increasingly difficult in a tough global economy, they have little to no choice at this point.
That's the only way forward for them.

Last edited:
Williams are in quite the 'pickle'.
The two active drivers bring lots of money and probably won't be relegated to testing, while their best chance at 'seat-of-the-pant' input to move car development forward drives the simulator.
Can't get points if the car can't be developed.
Can't get the car on track if there is no money.
It's a bad situation.
Stroll dose not bring Money. His family dose. But he has one of the lowest salary's. His dad paid for Williams to get a simulator to help him get the drive.

Williams...much like McLaren are suffering because of their past arrogance.
There was a time in F1 where both were so dominant, they dictated the outright terms of a race seat...and guys who wanted to win, had no choice but to accept those terms.
The shoe is now on the other foot, with driver cash dictating the terms.
At some point the team is going to have to suck it up...go out on a sponsorship campaign to try bringing in funds of their own, then control seat placement with a good all-round and development driver.
While it has become increasingly difficult in a tough global economy, they have little to no choice at this point.
That's the only way forward for them.
I Think its a management thing. Frank is getting old and ill. Hense you don't see him at the races. Daughter Clare is the media person at the track and probably more talkative than Frank. Williams had Adrian Newley but he went to McLaren then Red Bull for more Money. Williams dose not have money they never relay did. They excelled in eras when the budget's where smaller.
The Budgets should be lower with today's economy and Ferrari will be hurt with a salary cap and leave. They have been saying it for years but this time they will go to a rival series or make a new series. Maybe exist as a Engine suppler. But without a factory team.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%