F1 2012 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Yep, on the wrong site, and on the wrong part of the forum too.

I'll even give my setup, well most of it except the gearbox cus that's Stefans:

Car
Ferrari

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
Qually (QP mode)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: NA
Gear 2: NA
Gear 3: NA
Gear 4: NA
Gear 5: NA
Gear 6: NA
Gear 7: NA

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.41

Quite similar to me haha.

Except 3-1 aero, and still playing with it..
0.10 front toe and a little different on brakes :)

Never knew you were on RD Tom lol. I knew wooly was but apart from him Enthusiast and Daniel Hall, I don't know of many others on both sides lol

Car
Williams

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
25%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph
Gear 2: 158 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 314 kph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Option

Notes
FP3 - 1:38.217, again this time was set on Prime tyres which had about 3/4 laps on them, fuel was about 6 laps, DRS is again making the car ride on the limiter but only at the end of the two straights, which will make the car better in the race

*Edit*

Just finished a messy 1:37.603 on the Option tyres, there is more time to be found, I didn't get a perfect line through the double apex at 7/8

*Edit 2*

Q1 with 5 laps of fuel on the prime tyres I got a 1:37.766 on my second flying lap
Q2 with 5 laps of fuel on worn (1 previous flying lap) options I've got a 1:37.041
Great setup. 7th in Qually and 2nd in the race (100%) legend difficulty with no aids.

I knew my setup was wrong, I could just feel it.

I reckon my setup is good for people who find your setup a bit too stiff, which is what I initially felt when I began using it. I think the setup could be improved further, but not by a lot.

Just nailed a 1:33:137! - 12th on Xbox leaderboard
Sector 1: 23.631
Sector 2: 31.329
Sector 3: 38.177

1:32s definitely possible. I will keep both setups though, I am thinking of trying to tweak it slightly to make it less stiff. It can be a pain in sector 2, the turn-in ain't so great, but the acceleration is awesome.

Hello Kyle,
I'm a Spanish girl who loves to play with the F1 for XBOX. I'm a big fan of your setups. Last year he was playing so you guiding Put them and it was great, but this year I do not know what happens with F1 2012 I'm not going well. I have a Fanatec CSR. With your latest settings on the Sepang circuit've come a long way but still just not going well at all and I would like you to help me a little. I drive a Sauber.
I would really appreciate it.
Sorry for my bad English.
Greetings

Quite similar to me haha.

Except 3-1 aero, and still playing with it..
0.10 front toe and a little different on brakes :)

Never knew you were on RD Tom lol. I knew wooly was but apart from him Enthusiast and Daniel Hall, I don't know of many others on both sides lol

I'm not racing here mate, well not for now and unlikely to in the near future.

I reckon I could easily do a 1:31 in TT but doing 33's in online equal mode, losing 3 tenths in S1 over Stefan though.

I'm not racing here mate, well not for now and unlikely to in the near future.

I reckon I could easily do a 1:31 in TT but doing 33's in online equal mode, losing 3 tenths in S1 over Stefan though.

Nah I just meant an account in general.

I need to figure out some part of my setup as I'm really suffering by under braking, it's throwing the car out of balance completely in most of the track, so pb could mosdef go from a 34.9 to a high 33 today if I get it set up right

Nah I just meant an account in general.

I need to figure out some part of my setup as I'm really suffering by under braking, it's throwing the car out of balance completely in most of the track, so pb could mosdef go from a 34.9 to a high 33 today if I get it set up right

Yeah I'm screwing up my braking too. I think I am braking too harshly and the wheels lock slightly without me realising (but show on replays) and that's sending me wide. Mainly happening through T1 and T4. Gotta gently release the brake pedal as I gear down.

Yeah I'm screwing up my braking too. I think I am braking too harshly and the wheels lock slightly without me realising (but show on replays) and that's sending me wide. Mainly happening through T1 and T4. Gotta gently release the brake pedal as I gear down.

Yep, that's quite like me. I'm either locking front or rear and that's creating understeer and oversteer respectively...

The game is still new and there's a lot of things that haven't been realised yet. I don't believe 48%-52% High Small is right for this track so I'll be playing around with bits. In Blakes 50% last night I was locking rears and loosing the rear end but then with an on the fly bias adjustment to the front I was locking the fronts and understeering.

It's been said before, your speed in this game is all down to the braking, and in some ways I think braking earlier on lower pressure will make your balance and cornering speeds better...

Hello Kyle,
I'm a Spanish girl who loves to play with the F1 for XBOX. I'm a big fan of your setups. Last year he was playing so you guiding Put them and it was great, but this year I do not know what happens with F1 2012 I'm not going well. I have a Fanatec CSR. With your latest settings on the Sepang circuit've come a long way but still just not going well at all and I would like you to help me a little. I drive a Sauber.
I would really appreciate it.
Sorry for my bad English.
Greetings

I am happy that you have used my setups.

I do not use Steering wheel, only Xbox Controller. Try ask someone what settings your wheel should be using. Your English is Ok, I have seen a lot worse. :) Send me Private Message if you wish to talk more.

Car
McLaren

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Lap Time (Practice)
1:37.433

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: Medium

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 10
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 154 kph
Gear 3: 183 kph
Gear 4: 211 kph
Gear 5: 244 kph
Gear 6: 280 kph
Gear 7: 323 kph

Alignment
Toe Front: 0.06
Toe Rear: 0.23

Car
Mclaren

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Time Trial

9th on PS3

(HAUNTiNG_NeWS_4U)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 4
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox
Gear 2: 157 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 211 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 7: 323 kph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: Left <<<
Camber Rear: Left <<<
Toe Front: Left <<<
Toe Rear: Right >>>

Tyres
Option

Notes

2/2 wing ain't bad either.

Brake balance 52/48 helps loose backend but turn 14 becomes hard to nail.

Tactical's is the way to go. A pity he's not giving out his gears, key for a good lap time. 1/1 wings is a must have in TT mode in order to maximize top speed. My setup differs a little bit in some things but agree most things and get 33.3 online too.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 KPH
Gear 2: 156 KPH
Gear 3: 184 KPH
Gear 4: 214 KPH
Gear 5: 244 KPH
Gear 6: 278 KPH
Gear 7: 318 KPH

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3..0
Toe Front: 0.11

Notes
I managed a 1:34.886 but certain I can go quicker, but do find this track a challenge with it's mix of high speed and low speed corners. Don't know how some of you coped with the low wing angles, made me struggle for speed on certain corners or just general grip. I think a few tenths could easily be knocked off of my time if I could get that perfect lap, but I seem very hit and miss round here and my lap improvements all seem to depend on my first sector.

No assists but am using a pad.

| Career and Multiplayer setup! |

Hey guys,
I saw some other setups of you guys, very nice! :)
This one is for the Multiplayer and the race in career of Malaysia. (Dry)
- I play always on Legend. Race: 25%

Every single detail can better. But this is not a TT setup. so everyone knows that your tires wear out, so maybe is this really fine for people who are don't know how to make a good setup for multiplayer and career. :)
So I know every car in career is different but if you have some trouble with this setup you can improve with some of the settings. Much oversteer? Change your rear anti roll bar. Trouble with top speed? Change your front and rear wing and your gearbox of course. etc.. etc.. :)
So good luck! And hope you like the setup. :D
Car: Ferrari.

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking:
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Brake Size: Small (You can change this only in TT And in multiplayer. (Not Co-op.)

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox:
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 213 kph
Gear 5: 244 kph
Gear 7: 317 kph

Engine:
Fuel Map: Mix x
Fuel: 5-6 laps for in the Qualifying.

Alignment:
Toe Front: 0.15

Qualifying 1: 1:36.403 (Primes)
Qualifying 2: 1:35.215 (Options)
Qualifying 3: 1:35.356 (Options)
Race (fastest lap): 1:37.897 (Primes)

THIS IS ONLY FOR RACES AND FOR MULTIPLAYER.
I Know if your using a TT setup you will just get stuck with the gearbox, which not give you enough top speed without DRS

I'm doing a 25% race with the Williams car, and it always starts raining around lap 12.
I'm usually switching from options to primes at lap 6, so my question is: do i finish the race with the prime tires during the rain, or should i try to make a pit stop to put on intermediate tires?
The computer didn't stop, but i noticed a lot of them spinning around all over the track.

PS: I wish i knew which one of those williams setups is the best.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back