F1 2012 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Its pretty frustrating for me round turn 2. After dozens of attempts at getting it right I either

1) Go on the actual racing line, fighting to make sure I don't oversteer, then it does.
2) I brake a lot more then I did in previous games, just to make sure I get round it, can easily lose a few tenths that way.
3) I just happen to hit the sweet spot, even then its still slow compared to one of the top Ghost cars. He must have got the perfect launch through there, and he used the racing line.

Not sure if its an issue with me, my setup, the track itself, or a mix of all three,
To prevent oversteer in T2 you can either feather the throttle while turning gently or my personal favorite turn with no power-full throttle when the car's in a straight line, you aim the apex on the right then follow it, it's tricky but you will succeed eventually.

Car
Williams

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
25%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph
Gear 2: 158 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 314 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Option

Notes
FP3 - 1:38.217, again this time was set on Prime tyres which had about 3/4 laps on them, fuel was about 6 laps, DRS is again making the car ride on the limiter but only at the end of the two straights, which will make the car better in the race

*Edit*

Just finished a messy 1:37.603 on the Option tyres, there is more time to be found, I didn't get a perfect line through the double apex at 7/8

*Edit 2*

Q1 with 5 laps of fuel on the prime tyres I got a 1:37.766 on my second flying lap
Q2 with 5 laps of fuel on worn (1 previous flying lap) options I've got a 1:37.041
Thanks for the setup, managed to do a 01:36.603 in a Williams. There was a few mistakes also made in the lap, meaning there is more time to be found:
mod-edit: no more videos. regular game videos can be posted in our videos section http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

Car Mclaren

Circuit Sepang

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F48% - R 52%
Pressure: Medium

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar:11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 213 kph
Gear 5: 244 kph
Gear 6: 280 kph
Gear 7: 320 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front:3.50
Camber Rear: 1.30
Toe Front: 0.14
Toe Rear: 0.29

Tyres
option

Notes
Time Trial ; Assists TC only 'cause I've done it on keyboard and it's impossible to drive w/o TC.
Time : 1.34.243 it can be massively improved

Sector 1: 24.052
Sector 2: 31.704
Sector 3: 38.485

Thanks for the setup, worked pretty good with the Mercedes GP. Did a 1.37 high with used hard tyres and some fuel. Think I could do a 1.35 on soft with low fuel. Still testing, but it's good so far.

long time member (reading only) first time posting for f1 2012 i chose to work my way up from the botter of the F1 padock

Car
marussia

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
dry

Distance

100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 10
Rear Wing Angle: 11

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 75 mph
Gear 2: 93 mph
Gear 3: 111/ mph
Gear 4: 130 mph
Gear 5: 150 mph
Gear 6: 174 mph
Gear 7: 195 mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix standerd

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.00
Camber Rear: 1.00
Toe Front: 012
Toe Rear: 0.41

Tyres
Option

Notes
: race set up
: xbox 360 - pad
: time 1: 42:065 set in Q2 ( lots of DRS used)
: No kers for marussia
: sure this set up can go faster in the right hands and with a bit of tweeking

I used to love this track, it was challenging but doable... Not anymore!
What has Codemasters done to Kuala Lumpur?? In a game that I have been enjoying so much, this circuit is the worst I have drove on so far.
The first sector is horrendous, especially turn two. You go into turn 2, and half of the time you're guaranteed to get super oversteer, unless you slow down to gear 1 and literally crawl through the corner....

Looking at other ghosts, they somehow manage to find super grip through there, no twitches or anything, how????

Sector 1 is probably where I am lacking the most in time, but its the same for other sectors too. The twisty turner nature of sector 2 is tougher then previous years, and the Hairpin is harder to get round too without either 1) oversteering or 2) ending up on the grass. Sector 3 seems to be the easiest, which is amazing to me, because in previous years, that famous blind right hander before the back straight was always my bad spot on the track, whereas this year you can quite easily drive over the inside curb without much bother.

Seriously, I have spent so many hours on this track, at least 6 hours trying over and over with all kinds of different setups, and this was the best I could do. Hopefully one day I will find that perfect setup to make this track a joy to ride around again.

Until then, I hope this setup helps you a little bit, to even keep the car on the track without the super oversteer. Good luck to all who dare try Kuala Lumpur on 2012.

EDIT: Finding better ways to get through turn 2, I managed to post a slightly faster time. The ride height has been changed, that is all.

TT auto m8 thats why ppl have so much grip in 2012 game auto gives you so mush grip than manual.i no its babyish but try it lol

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 45% - R 55%
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 2: 154 kph
Gear 3: 181 kph
Gear 4: 209 kph
Gear 5: 240 kph
Gear 7: 318 kph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Toe Front: 0.10
Toe Rear: 0.35

Tyres
Option

Notes
You can use this setup on race, qual or TT
mod-edit: no more videos. regular game videos can be posted in our videos section http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

Car
Williams

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
25%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 2: 158 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 7: 314 kph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Option

Notes
FP3 - 1:38.217, again this time was set on Prime tyres which had about 3/4 laps on them, fuel was about 6 laps, DRS is again making the car ride on the limiter but only at the end of the two straights, which will make the car better in the race

*Edit*

Just finished a messy 1:37.603 on the Option tyres, there is more time to be found, I didn't get a perfect line through the double apex at 7/8

*Edit 2*

Q1 with 5 laps of fuel on the prime tyres I got a 1:37.766 on my second flying lap
Q2 with 5 laps of fuel on worn (1 previous flying lap) options I've got a 1:37.041

Sweet!!! Did a 1.35.1 - THANKS

I used to love this track, it was challenging but doable... Not anymore!
What has Codemasters done to Kuala Lumpur?? In a game that I have been enjoying so much, this circuit is the worst I have drove on so far.
The first sector is horrendous, especially turn two. You go into turn 2, and half of the time you're guaranteed to get super oversteer, unless you slow down to gear 1 and literally crawl through the corner....

Looking at other ghosts, they somehow manage to find super grip through there, no twitches or anything, how????

Sector 1 is probably where I am lacking the most in time, but its the same for other sectors too. The twisty turner nature of sector 2 is tougher then previous years, and the Hairpin is harder to get round too without either 1) oversteering or 2) ending up on the grass. Sector 3 seems to be the easiest, which is amazing to me, because in previous years, that famous blind right hander before the back straight was always my bad spot on the track, whereas this year you can quite easily drive over the inside curb without much bother.

Seriously, I have spent so many hours on this track, at least 6 hours trying over and over with all kinds of different setups, and this was the best I could do. Hopefully one day I will find that perfect setup to make this track a joy to ride around again.

Until then, I hope this setup helps you a little bit, to even keep the car on the track without the super oversteer. Good luck to all who dare try Kuala Lumpur on 2012.

EDIT: Finding better ways to get through turn 2, I managed to post a slightly faster time. The ride height has been changed, that is all.

TT auto m8 thats why ppl have so much grip in 2012 game auto gives you so mush grip than manual.i no its babyish but try it lol

That makes no sense whatsoever. I have always used Auto, and its not babyish to do so. I have used setups from someone who uses Manual gears, and players who use manual gears have used setups by me, and there really isn't much difference.

If anything, someone with manual gears has a better chance at grip, seen as they can pick which gear to use, instead of someone on auto gears, having no choice.

Auto gears does not give extra grip... at all.

I'm looking for a WET Setup for this track. I'm doing a Career and everytime I get to this track, it's always raining. If someone has a wet setup, that would be perfect.

Also, I'm driving for Williams.

Thank You.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 212 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%