Resource icon

Cars KTM XBB 2015 1.51

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cpt_Looping submitted a new resource:

KTM XBB 2015 - KTM X-Bow Battle 2015

KTM X-Bow Battle 2015

KTM X-Bow R prepared for the 2015 X Bow Battle Championship.

XBB series: http://www.x-bow-battle.at/en/homepage/

previe20.jpg

This mod uses the KTM X-Bow R from Kunos as a...

Read more about this resource...

CM tell me that the model is obsolet and crashed.
Yes, i'm getting this
Model is obsolete, please consider updating flames to the second version.
It seems CM is attempting to solve the issue but is taking a while to do it.

edit (ten mins later) looks like CM can't fix it. CM crashes too

Last edited:
Yes, i'm getting this
Model is obsolete, please consider updating flames to the second version.
It seems CM is attempting to solve the issue but is taking a while to do it.

edit (ten mins later) looks like CM can't fix it. CM crashes too

I reloaded CM and fix the car before the start of the race, in the content tab with "analyze" option.

Did you respect the intalation procedure of the mod?

How to Instal :

This mod uses the KTM X-Bow R from Kunos as a basis for development.
The 3D model and all animation files are not provided.
  1. Download the mod, book it.
  2. Go to ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
  3. Copy the folder "ktm_xbow_r" and paste it on ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars to create "ktm_xbow_r - Copie"
  4. Rename "ktm_xbow_r - Copie" on "ktm_xbb"
  5. Open "ktm_xbb" and delete 3 folders : sfx, skin, ui and data.acd files.
  6. Open mod, copy and paste "ktm_xbb" mod on ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars

Last edited:
Did you respect the intalation procedure of the mod?

How to Instal :

This mod uses the KTM X-Bow R from Kunos as a basis for development.
The 3D model and all animation files are not provided.
  1. Download the mod, book it.
  2. Go to ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
  3. Copy the folder "ktm_xbow_r" and paste it on ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars to create "ktm_xbow_r - Copie"
  4. Rename "ktm_xbow_r - Copie" on "ktm_xbb"
  5. Open "ktm_xbb" and delete 3 folders : sfx, skin, ui and data.acd files.
  6. Open mod, copy and paste "ktm_xbb" mod on ..:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
Did exactly this, but doesn't work unfortunately. It crashes while the car is loading.
(I don't use CM.)

During the 1st release of the mod I had contacted kunos via official forum. I wanted to present them the car and to propose it in the download on the official forum. They refused for the distribution on the official forum but did not forbid me to spread and to use the car for our community. She was moreover of use to several opportunity. Later I conceive that this mod is limit limit ...

Did they actually give you permission to distribute their work on RD? Or did they just say 'not to be distributed on the official AC forum'?

They are very different things, in my opinion.

I don't see a problem to make this kind of mod for personal enjoyment (I recently made a modified Praga R1, to match the real Praga R1S) but it should not be made public like this unless all the work / data is your own. That's just my opinion, of course :)

The 919 evo has also reworked physics based on kunos' data.acd and that has been here in rd for ages. If the 919 evo is ok then I see no problem with this either. Technically it is understandable imho. Even if you are sharing the physics it is not the original files as they were in the kunos car. The xbow iirc is also default content so it is not like it is dlc car parts shared here.

Personally I just don't see much issues as long as (edited) 3d models are not shared and data.acd stays packed although at this point in time everybody knows how to bypass that. In the grand scheme of things you are basically just downloading altered data.acd for the ktm which you already have. There is no damage to kunos or ac. In fact I'd like to see someone make true gt1 physics for the maserati mc12 for example. That being said it would be really really slippery slope as if you allow that then technically you'd have people feel like they can use complete kunos car physics files in their other mod cars as well. Hard to draw the line between alternate physics for existing cars and altered physics for new cars when in reality about the same much of the parameters in physics files is changed in both cases.

Last edited:
I agree with Ghoults. Sharing is based on a car that is available in AC. I only provided the modified files and very clearly displays the origins of the model.

An important point, any changes are made with specific data. The physics of kunos being excellent, I applied myself not to degrade it and to remain faithful to the original model.
It is a proven mod, which has made these proofs on various championship and open. It would be a shame not to share it. After that if it raises concerns, I let the RD admins contact me and I understand perfectly :)

And to answer Fat-Alfie, here's a copy / paste of kunos's answer when I introduced them to the car and asked if I could share it on the official forum:

Dear Cpt_Looping,
thanks for your message. I'm sorry but modding original content is not something that we want to see on this forum, so I ask you to avoid its advertisement here, thanks for understanding.
Regards,"

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%