KTM X-Bow RR Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience KTM X-Bow RR Released.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released the unique KTM X-Bow RR for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, bringing the interesting open cockpit race car to sim racing for the first time. Available via the in game store for 349vRP, the KTM X-Bow RR comes with thirty nicely crafted liveries to bring the single make GT4 specification series to the RaceRoom title.

Already added to the game as part of the recent November update, today Sector3 have opened up the car for players of the simulation to purchase and use in game. The KTM X-Bow RR is a 360hp real wheel drive racing car that usually runs under the GT4 rule set specification. Although reasonably modest in its power output, the ultra lightweight chassis ensures a lively experience for the driver whilst still allowing those less experience in high powered GT machines to maintain control of the vehicle in tight racing conditions. Ideal for club racing and close online battles, the X-Bow RR will most likely become a popular online choice in the coming weeks.

KTM X-Bow RR Release Trailer
Car data:
  • Mid-engine open two seater
  • Carbon composite monocoque
  • Audi 2.0 TFSI. Turbo-charged 4-cylinder.
  • 360hp @ 6800rpm
  • 500Nm @ 3600 rpm
  • 6 speed manual
  • Redline @ 7500rpm
  • Shiftpoint @ 6800-7000rpm
  • 40 liter fuel cell
  • 790kg (dry weight)
  • 37/63 weight distribution
  • 250 kg+ downforce at 200 kph
  • 200/610-17 & 240/640-18 slicks
  • Steering defaults are 792 degrees of rotation with a 25 degrees steerlock

KTM X-Bow RR eSports Trophy - R3E.jpg

To coincide with the release of the KTM X-Bow RR, Sector3 have announced they are launching a new eSports competition in conjunction with the manufacturer, offering players the opportunity to sample a real life KTM X-Bow at the Red Bull Ring, the venue for the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.

Running from November 23rd through to the 15th February, players will be tasked with taking on the Zandvoort, Hungaroring, Lausitzring, Slovakiaring, Red Bull Ring and the epic Nordschleife over the next three months to be in with a shout of the chance to drive a real life X-Bow. More details will be revealed in game from tomorrow. Good luck!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available with limited content to download for free on the Steam network. Additional content packs, such as the KTM X-Bow RR are available to purchase via the in game store.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for some of the best Club Racing available for the sim. We host regular events utilising popular content in a warm and friendly environment. If racing online isn't your thing, you can always pop over to the RaceRoom section of our site and join in some of the community discussion, download a setup or two and catch up on the latest news. It's all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Have you tried out the X-Bow RR yet? What do you think of the car? How is the sim post November update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
how come in the store it has each livery at 29rvp but if you select one and go to checkout the full pack is there at 349 rvp?? can i not just buy 2 or 3 liveries??
you need to buy car first (349rVP which includes one livery), than you can buy more liveries for it (29 rVP) .. strangely there is no KTM RR Cup pack yet, perhaps later ..

you need to buy car first (349rVP which includes one livery), than you can buy more liveries for it (29 rVP) .. strangely there is no KTM RR Cup pack yet, perhaps later ..

The RaceRoom account on the official forums said there are no single car packs "at this point", whether that means they're going to be restored in the future or are just gone now I don't know. I suppose after most of the major issues with the game itself got sorted out they needed to figure out a new stupid business decision to screw over the game.

So I've just gone to buy the premium pack but that addition of this ONE car has increased the discounted cost for me by 1000vRP wtf?!

That's more than most of the packs with multiple cars, why are current content owners (the ones keeping this game alive) getting ****ed like this?

If it wasn't for the fact I have the vRP in my account already I wouldn't even bother getting any more content this has pissed me off so much but I'm certainly not paying £7 extra for the premium pack now!

I don't appreciate being nickel and dimed in my videogames, so yeah it adds a bad taste to the Sim

For all the whinging you do.... you do realize, like every game in existence with dlc.... you dont have to buy it.

It's an option for people who do like the car, and can appreciate how it's recreated.

If it doesnt tickle your fancy, then dont buy it. Quite simple. All the incessant whining is only becoming a nuisance.

If it doesnt tickle your fancy, then dont buy it. Quite simple. All the incessant whining is only becoming a nuisance.

I'm not buying it, and I'm voicing my reasons as to why. And hah, I guess showering praise over the new DTM pack and AI counts as incessant whining now. You really need to stop with this whole "either with us or against us" attitude.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back