RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good racing guys, that went better than I hoped if I'm honest. :) So yeah, I was on for the class win before my fuel issues. Based on in-game information I calculated I'd need 96 litres, so I took 100. I was 5 litres short! Pretty sure that's the third time this has happened to me since the bloody patch. :p

From now on I'm taking a full tank for every race. :D

That was another fun one. I had to add fuel over what I was using in practice too. It cut the estimate down by a few laps. I was pushing a little harder then normal though. Was able to beat my PB a few times during the race. Found the limits of what the car would do. Realized I still need to practice my set ups. LOL

Group 5.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: Group 5
Track: Hungaroring

Saturday 08/02/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 16:10 EDT / 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 16:15 EDT / 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 5 Places

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat
  3. 2112
  4. PurgerUK
  5. Yacouba
  6. Bart Matyja
  7. André Gee
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. Jean Jacques Martin
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

UTP#20

Last edited:
Very good race. I love endurance and multiclass. Wasn't sure how it would turn out during the overtakings though but all were very clean. My strategy of only changing 2 tires and no fuel seem to worked as I even was in the class lead at some point. But Ross and KO were much faster as well D.Manke so I was looking set for 4th place. I'm very happy with the 2nd. Unlucky Ross. I haven noticed a big advantage of fuelling tight in RR so tend to overfuel every time. Took full tank this time and had about 2/3 laps spare at the end.
Great event and turnout overall. I hope for more like this.

Unlucky Ross. I haven noticed a big advantage of fuelling tight in RR so tend to overfuel every time.
Haha, at 4 litres over what I thought I needed, I considered that over-fuelling. :p Also, if I'd actually *activated* refuelling when I realised I had a problem, I would have had an extra 10 litres and only lost 3-4 extra seconds on the pit stop. (I already changed all four tyres, so 30 seconds compared to 33 was nothing!) Ah well, you live and learn! :whistling:

What car were you driving Andre?

After I spun from the lead on the end of the first lap, I had some epic battles with David and Bart then kept pushing and made it back to 1st in GTR3 as everybody made their pitstops. Had to get past Bart again for second and then set off for Ross only a few seconds ahead, but I kept making silly mistakes and P2 cars were coming through so I wasn't making much progress...…..then he stopped for fuel.

I filled the tank full and had enough for another 2 or 3 laps.

This is the first time I have even ever heard of this track. Who ever thought to pair it with this class is an evil genius!
More evil than genius I tend to say - did several league seasons with DTM16 there and Hungaro is extremely demanding, technical and doesn't forgive the slightest mistake - I would like to put my beloved Capri out (as you need a more agile car at Hungaro), but something classical and more open would fit much better (Zolder, Norisring are classical G5/DRM venues for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%