RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...After some fiddling last night I am cautiously hopeful that I fixed my issues. I was able to go into both the P2 Corvette and the X-Bow and set some respectable times with default set-ups. We shall see as the days go by whether or not I am on the right track.

@BP have a blast and learn some new techniques then come back and show how good you have gotten! Have fun and hope to race with you again soon. What leagues and sim are you racing in if you don't mind sharing?

Reactions: DND
I have a quick question. Is not being able to get any heat into the tires a common thing in GT3R or am I way off on something?
Oh, I don't know, go faster? :roflmao:
But seriously try raising your toes. And do the same maybe with the camber. And of course, there is the tyre pressure. One or mixture of those should get you to the temperature you are requiring.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know, go faster? :roflmao:
But seriously try raising your toes. And do the same maybe with the camber. And of course, there is the tyre pressure. One or mixture of those should get you to the temperature you are requiring.
I don't if going faster is helping. I have always been one to overdrive the tires and keep heat in them, or over heat them. I just cant seem to get any temp at all. I am at least 20*F lower then what the game says is optimum in the hot lap challenge. At stock setting I get some heat on the inside edge only. I have tried dropping camber all the way down to even out the temps. I feel like this is hurting me in the turns, with no improvement in tire temp. I have raised the camber but that just puts more heat on the inside. Dropping pressures just seems to make the middle temp worse. Maybe ill drop then all the way down and hope the temp brings up pressures.

At least the C7 corvette is drive-able with no heat, unlike the Camaro.

Any driver on the same lap as you has every right to race as normal, including defending their position if they wish
But why would anyone wish that unless he/she's a jerk ? (always assuming that the faster class driver is not harassing that one and has some oversight about the actual situation the slower class one(s) find(s) himself (themselves) in). To defend your position against an opponent who is several sec faster than you usually wreaks havoc and is completely inefficient for both drivers. Just losing time and your nerves...thats what blue flags are for btw....(Crew Chief)

But why would anyone wish that unless he/she's a jerk ?
Because they are already in a fight for position with a car in their class, and passively allowing someone through would put them at a disadvantage or lose them a lot of time.

Given that all P2's should qualify ahead of the GTR 3's, this situation will only occur if a P2 has an incident within the first couple of laps anyway. Also, given the performance difference, a P2 should be able to easily overtake a GTR 3 without any compliance from the GTR 3 driver. "On the same lap as you" is the key phrase. If the P2 is lapping then the blue flags will be shown.

The reason I specifically mentioned it is because I don't want the P2 drivers thinking they have higher track priority than they would in a single-class race, because they don't. I also don't want ten different rules governing every situation where a P2 and GTR 3 may come into contact... it's confusing and leads to trouble. Better to keep things as simple as possible.

Because they are already in a fight for position with a car in their class, and passively allowing someone through would put them at a disadvantage or lose them a lot of time.

Given that all P2's should qualify ahead of the GTR 3's, this situation will only occur if a P2 has an incident within the first couple of laps anyway. Also, given the performance difference, a P2 should be able to easily overtake a GTR 3 without any compliance from the GTR 3 driver. "On the same lap as you" is the key phrase. If the P2 is lapping then the blue flags will be shown.

The reason I specifically mentioned it is because I don't want the P2 drivers thinking they have higher track priority than they would in a single-class race, because they don't. I also don't want ten different rules governing every situation where a P2 and GTR 3 may come into contact... it's confusing and leads to trouble. Better to keep things as simple as possible.

Thanks for that specified clarification, too often I saw unexperienced but cocky drivers blocking faster cars behind them (Public Server Syndrome, but unfortunately not exclusively ;) )....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back