RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my issue is the FFB so I am going to have to go back and do a lot of fiddling to get it to feel like it did. Before the update I had a great amount of feedback and felt much more confident. Now the cars feel like they are floating and the feedback is very muted. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to 'em.
Take this for what it is but the 4 different cars I have used/tested after the update I have been about 1-2 sec faster pr lap than my PB on LBs.
Never slower.:roflmao:
4 cars: (P21, NisGTP, Porsche962, FR90xx).
But I have to say that I dont use a FFB wheel - because I have to use a special 100% handcontrolled wheel.
I have seen in another thread someone with a T300 wheel felt completely lost after the dec upd - and then others who have even got better FFB tries to help him with some helping changes.
But...:rolleyes:

Reactions: DND
That was a really fun race. I was amazed I was able to come back from that early off and finish 4th. Good call on the tire strategy David. The fresher tires definitely came in handy at the end. Maybe next time I will have a little more for you LOL!
A good strategy executed...not so much. A poor start cost @ko41 and I am sure others, followed by not hitting my marks in the pits added a few seconds. Not complaining about that because it did result in some close racing with you.

I watched some of the stream (good quality CatsAreTheWorstDogs) and it did actually look like a RL race.
Kudos to @davew045 as I just bought a 4k TV yesterday and this was the first attempt at using the 'Smart' part of and I was amazed at how great it looks.

It would be interesting to see the difference if damage was enabled for the races.
Your wish is my command, well kinda of. Not this week as we will be racing cars that may be a little too fragile. But the following race with the 911 GT2 RS Clubsport @ Laguna Seca will have full damage including flat spots so practice. practice, practice.

I have to admit I am becoming frustrated at this time. The past few weeks my performance has been very bad and I do not know how to fix it. Because of this I am pushing far more than I should and it is resulting in offs and such.

I hate to blame the update but it seems that since the update a few weeks ago I cannot get the performance out of the cars I used to. They feel better, they just feel slow.

Ok...that is out of the way.

I think my issue is the FFB so I am going to have to go back and do a lot of fiddling to get it to feel like it did. Before the update I had a great amount of feedback and felt much more confident. Now the cars feel like they are floating and the feedback is very muted. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to 'em.

After the update I am finding that I am bumping up the FFB multiplier for most cars to get that positive feedback in the wheel I like, my wife thinks I look buffier or did she say puffier, but I digress. Also have you checked this out Sector3 FFB Thread ?

I have to admit I am becoming frustrated at this time. The past few weeks my performance has been very bad and I do not know how to fix it. Because of this I am pushing far more than I should and it is resulting in offs and such.

I hate to blame the update but it seems that since the update a few weeks ago I cannot get the performance out of the cars I used to. They feel better, they just feel slow.

Hey Greg: I was having similar issues very muted FFB, (ever since the update). I have the Fanatec CSW Elite 2.5 F1 rig here, but I updated my firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and it transformed the feel of the FFB.

Just an idea, YMMV.

Last edited:

Did you make a new controller profile after the update?

Isnt it called "fluffier" in english?
I mean just like Fluffy just more.:p

Reality is somewhere in the middle
1580317705927.png
1580317815476.png

My first impressions after the update regarding the Force Feedback I seriously thought something was broken. I suspected my wheelbase and even a corrupted firmware as for me is that bad.
Of course, it didn't help me trying to find what I ones had which I spent many hours trying to get.
Then I eventually figured out by seeking advice watching YouTube videos reading threads and posts here and everywhere then I should not be expecting what I once had and actually looking for something totally new. And I mean totally and once I figured this out I noticed a lot more detail in the Force Feedback. I'm still not as happy as I would like to be but I am constantly improving the Force Feedback a little at the time. Alterations I make for individual cars.
I'm always looking for improvement each and every time I have a practice session I'm tinkering with the Force Feedback with every session.
But I do run with a basic setup in the SIM and use my wheel settings for making any alterations for individual cars I'm not sure if this the best route but it seems to work to get the best feeling.

So if there is anybody out there running a fantastic 2.5 CSW here is that file. I should imagine it will be needed to be edited. Reassigning the buttons as you would want them for whatever wheel you're using etc. It's only the Force Feedback really that you need to keep everything else change it as you want.
I'm also running the McLaren GT3 wheel. But I'm not sure if it would make any difference if it was any other so bear this in mind.
Here are my wheel settings.
SEN Auto
FF 90
SHO OFF
ABS OFF
DRI -1
FOR 90
SPR 80
DPR 80
FEI 100

And of course, this can be somewhat different for different cars especially in the damper and spring area.

And some people seem to forget the importance of steering ratio and lock.
Make sure you've got the best setting possible for every track. If this is not correct it could give you a false reading on your car setup. I cannot emphasize enough off in getting this right otherwise you will be faffing around and with your set up forever. Do not rely on the default setup. The default doesn't mean it's right for that particular circuit. Too much lock will obviously cause the potential of overcorrection.
You will not be wasting your time to get the best results. Getting this right will improve your set up time, stability and accuracy. For instance. If your car is turning too quick you don't want to be raising your front ride height to prevent this you want to be looking your steering lock first.
This is not a fix this is more of a hint. A direction to think about and consider.

Attachments

• Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 Wheel Custom.rcs
    22.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
This is one of the few situations Im a bit positive that my wheel has no FFB.
Because I can see both here and in the official Raceroom forum that a lot of people are pretty frustrated they cannot get the FFB to work as before the dec upd.
But I think that if I was an FFB user I would focus on the fact that there is also a lot of users who consider the new FFB as better/more informative.
When they have got it dialed in.;)

Did you make a new controller profile after the update?
i did not have a choice, so yes, I did. I think I am just gonna have to fiddle with it. Before the update I would only be required to make minimal, if any changes, to the set-ups but since I have had to make significant changes.

So...(to borrow from a firefighting phrase) before I pry (mess with the set-up) I am going to try ( fix the FFB since it has felt wonky from the time of the update).

Hey Greg: I was having similar issues very muted FFB, (ever since the update). I have the Fanatec CSW Elite 2.5 F1 rig here, but I updated my firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and it transformed the feel of the FFB.

Just an idea, YMMV.
I may do that first. I have the CSL Elite PS4 with the the load cell brake and use a Formula V.2 wheel. Updating and uninstall/reinstall may be the first "try" I do.

Thanks.

I may do that first. I have the CSL Elite PS4 with the the load cell brake and use a Formula V.2 wheel. Updating and uninstall/reinstall may be the first "try" I do.

Thanks.
Same setup with the load cell as well - I have the F1 eSports wheel though. Hope it works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%