KTM X-Bow || Ken Block's Fiesta 2011 inspired

Skins KTM X-Bow || Ken Block's Fiesta 2011 inspired 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
JoelFaura submitted a new resource:

KTM X-Bow || Ken Block's Fiesta 2011 inspired - Fictional KTM X-Bow skin inspired in Ken Block's Fiesta 2011 car

Hello there.

This is my first "serious" skin ever done. I've made a KTM X'Bow fictional skin inspired in Ken Block's Ford Fiesta in 2011.
2011-mwrt-fiesta-front-three-quarter1.jpg

55.jpg
This is the result:
Captura1.png

Read more about this resource...

I don't recall exactly how the XBow's skin files work, but there's usually a `RIM_BLUR` file that goes along with the `RIM` file, and that's what the game uses to draw the wheels while they're moving. Usually all you need to do is take the `RIM` file, select the wheel area, apply a rotational blur, and voila, you have a `RIM_BLUR` file.

I don't recall exactly how the XBow's skin files work, but there's usually a `RIM_BLUR` file that goes along with the `RIM` file, and that's what the game uses to draw the wheels while they're moving. Usually all you need to do is take the `RIM` file, select the wheel area, apply a rotational blur, and voila, you have a `RIM_BLUR` file.
It's not that simple for the rims, you also need a semi-transparent alpha layer in the shape of a blured rim, otherwise it will look like a cardboard cutout with a picture of a blured rim on it
And if you add tire stickers, you'll also need blur tires too (not the case here, but a general statement)

Noticed your to-do list
You can make the skin preview with Content Manager, they have a preset, that matches the default Kunos look, it's pretty much 2 clicks and you're done

preview.jpg

The mirrors look a different color because they are a different material, so I doubt you'll get them to match, it's probably better to leave them black, just change the DC logo to white

Also, I would really suggest you make skins at least 2048×2048 or better yet 4096×4096, if not this one, then your next skins, because 1024×1024 looks really blurry and just bad up close

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back