KTM Release Official Free X-Bow GT4 Mod For Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In a rather cool move, KTM have released a free mod for Assetto Corsa - bringing the officially licenced X-Bow GT4 to the simulation.
  • New mod with official KTM licence.
  • Developed with real data from the team.
  • Available to download for free for Assetto Corsa.

Feels like its been a long time since I wrote some new news about Assetto Corsa, with game development having been completed following Kunos Simulazioni moving on to their latest project, Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, seeing as the original AC remains exceptionally popular within the sim racing community, even in the middle of 2020 we have new news - a brand new mod has been released, but with the official backing of the real world manufacturer!

Yes, GT4 fans have a new toy to enjoy in AC from today following this rather cool announcement - adding one of the more unique cars of the GT4 regulations to the olden, but still golden Assetto Corsa simulation.

You can download the car HERE.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

KTM Header.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little heads up, wipers are broken as of csp 1.63. Wiper properly moves and you see the wiper trace on exterior view but cockpit view does jack sh*t. I wonder if it's a csp issue or a car issue, i've never tested this car with rain previously so i don't remember/know.

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_brands_hatch_31-6-120-19-20-18.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_brands_hatch_31-6-120-19-20-24.jpg

Here's a better look: Default skins show the wiper trace on the exterior but this magnificent skin doesn't. Maybe it's just a matter of glass dds issue?

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_red_bull_ring_31-6-120-19-24-9.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_red_bull_ring_31-6-120-19-25-51.jpg

Last edited:
This model was made 2 years ago, I don't even know if the rain stuff existed at that point. Later down the line I checked it worked, and it did.
In fact, it still does for me. Here is the clip: https://i.gyazo.com/7af01b86d86cddc20bf44c59eeebbe58.mp4

If newer developments of CSP break it, its not something I personally care enough about to warrant any action from me. Does it need some config adjustments? Who knows, I don't follow that stuff.

I made the car following the usual KS guidelines and with KS approval. Thats good enough for me. Catering for non-official developments that happen in the future was certainly not something I had in mind.

Just a little heads up, wipers are broken as of csp 1.63. Wiper properly moves and you see the wiper trace on exterior view but cockpit view does jack sh*t. I wonder if it's a csp issue or a car issue, i've never tested this car with rain previously so i don't remember/know.

View attachment 394256View attachment 394257

Here's a better look: Default skins show the wiper trace on the exterior but this magnificent skin doesn't. Maybe it's just a matter of glass dds issue?

View attachment 394270View attachment 394271

It could be the skin itself but trust me when i say it's been a learning experience and i'm still very much a noob when it comes to it. If I figure out a fix in the future I will send you a message. but for now I need some sleep!!!
Glad you like the skin so much :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 963434

can i use it on officiall public lobbies? as no cars mod i cant use there only official Kunos cars an DLC. how it look wit this cause if not it will be just another hotlaps car

It could be the skin itself but trust me when i say it's been a learning experience and i'm still very much a noob when it comes to it. If I figure out a fix in the future I will send you a message. but for now I need some sleep!!!
Glad you like the skin so much :thumbsup:
Nah it's not the skin, it's confirmed. Don't bother with it. 1.63 breaks sauber c9 too.

I scrolled through all of the responses and replies, even did a little googleing. But I have only found the "Gimp" templates. Are there photoshop style templates? Did I just miss the link, or fail a keyword search?

Thanks all I've been looking for this car for a while and now it is here to play with. :)

Is this bop'ed to Guerilla's GT4 pack or is it their cars that need bop'ing? I'm aware that Guerilla mods also has their own GT4 Xbow but I believe that this is the more accurate car. It is from KTM themselves after all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%