Tracks KSEditor Save Settings & AI graphic

Hello All

I try to find a way, how to save my track settings (road with fresnel). Is there a way how to make the settings persistent?

I am trying to figure out, how i can make the graphic for the AI. Is there a manual somewhere? I find nothing...

Best, Fab

Understood how to do that.. Save persistence file and load again on the next time (rename it).

Copy everytime you export the track the textures (for example fresnel) back into textures in the export folder of your exported track (Remember, everytime you export, the content will be deleted and created new -- so you will lose your for example fresnel textures). This is important when you reload the settings (persistence file).

Last edited:
Can someone tell me where the persistence file is located pls?
KSeditor is pointing me to non location, so i need to do it manually...and of course i need the location to save as another name..right?
Thanks

Thanks for the clear explanation mate :)

Though ive never gotten "track.fbx.ini" in my "track.fbx" folder.

Im using race track builder, and have to name each object each time i load into KSeditor, to export to kn5. It never save the names for me, though it does auto-load the shaders (which i never noticed till you said), which is a relief!

Last edited:
Names don't ever save in persistence as that is not what it is intended for. It is only for material and some object settings. Proper object names should be coming from the modeling software. In your case that's RTB and if you can't do it there then blame RTB not kseditor.

Names don't ever save in persistence as that is not what it is intended for. It is only for material and some object settings. Proper object names should be coming from the modeling software. In your case that's RTB and if you can't do it there then blame RTB not kseditor.
your signature is very relevant here ^^

Ah right, thought it was something i was doing wrong!
I wasnt blaming any software, im not a hater, just trying to find out info.

I started to edit those "*.fbx.ini" files, sometimes better than to open fbx in ksEditor, i.e. you can mass replace LOD_OUT=0 with something else...

For that remove all other lines than VERSION=4 in header section.

[HEADER]
VERSION=4
;;;;DLC_KEY=0
;;;;USERNAME=
;;;;DATE=5/25/2019 12:47:43 AM
;;;;MD5_HASH=c145af5d1b507f244227794a9411baca

and you can then use a batch file with modded ksEditor (included in https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lod-generator.24394/) to build a kn5 quickly

more info on "*.fbx.ini":

You can replace every "track.fbx_" with "trackside.fbx_"
to use it on another file "trackside.fbx" (rename it to "trackside.fbx.ini")

one (semi-)complete "track.fbx.ini":
---

[HEADER]
VERSION=4

[MATERIAL_LIST]
COUNT=2

[MATERIAL_0]
NAME=road_001
SHADER=ksPerPixel

[MATERIAL_1]
NAME=road_002
SHADER=ksPerPixel

[model_FBX: track.fbx]
ACTIVE=1
PRIORITY=0

[model_FBX: track.fbx_1ROAD]
ACTIVE=1
PRIORITY=0

[model_FBX: track.fbx_1ROAD_1ROAD]
ACTIVE=1
PRIORITY=0
VISIBLE=1
TRANSPARENT=0
CAST_SHADOWS=0
LOD_IN=0
LOD_OUT=0
RENDERABLE=1

[model_FBX: track.fbx_visroad]
ACTIVE=1
PRIORITY=0

[model_FBX: track.fbx_visroad_visroad]
ACTIVE=1
PRIORITY=0
VISIBLE=1
TRANSPARENT=0
CAST_SHADOWS=0
LOD_IN=0
LOD_OUT=0
RENDERABLE=1

Last edited:
By the way guys, do you know how to split big fbx files ? Any tricks? Cause if we export it from rtb (yeah i know), then there's a trick ? Because if there's a lot of grass or three's, kseditor crashes. In blender it would be easy. But for me it is to early working only with blender. Still have to learn...

Hey NitruousFab.
I havent had to do it yet, but im thinking when exporting from RTB, it give you option of what to export (big list with tick boxes).
Im thinking exporting some things in one fbx, then the rest in another.
Im kinda guessing here...but then saving each as kn5 from KSeditor, and placing them both together in your track folder.
I have seen some tracks have multiple kn5's in their folder.

As i said mate...just a guess. I wouldnt try it on a track youre working on, without testing first ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%