Cars ksEditor "Error, found scaling on node : RootNode"

Hi Com,
Get this Error while importing a fbx in the editor. Already reseted every transformation and scale ratio in 3dsmax. Any Ideas?
Thank you very much :)
hard to tell
you could try exporting parts by parts (or groups of them...) see if you can isolate what's up
also the FBX export parameters maybe?

you can check if you have some hierarchy on your objects with a dummy, which has wrong scale on it
and can unlink the object from said dummy with this :
upload_2019-6-5_19-56-21.png

you can check if you have some hierarchy on your objects with a dummy, which has wrong scale on it
and can unlink the object from said dummy with this :
View attachment 309166
Hi Ben,
I'm having a chronic issue with this "scaling on root node" error. It's a single object, a track groove. I created object using an array and curve modifier of a plane along fast_lane.ai (imported into blender and converted to a Curve). At first I thought it was because the Curve scale and mean radius were 0.01 - nope, rescaled both to 1.0 but didn't solve it. the resulting object (groove) is scaled to 1.0. There's only one object and one mesh. I don't understand how to execute on your suggestion above, in case maybe that's the issue?
Any thoughts?

P.S. Love the Caterham's. I'm Ryan's "physics friend"

Hi Ben,
I'm having a chronic issue with this "scaling on root node" error. It's a single object, a track groove. I created object using an array and curve modifier of a plane along fast_lane.ai (imported into blender and converted to a Curve). At first I thought it was because the Curve scale and mean radius were 0.01 - nope, rescaled both to 1.0 but didn't solve it. the resulting object (groove) is scaled to 1.0. There's only one object and one mesh. I don't understand how to execute on your suggestion above, in case maybe that's the issue?
Any thoughts?

hey physics friend :D
i'm not familiar with Blender
but usually the root node error is related to hierarchy. And "unlink" means removing the link between the parent object and the child object.
Because a scale on the parent will affect the child, even though the child seems to be scaled correctly
That would be my guess !

Hi Ben,
Any thoughts?

For Blender it's sort of the same. Anything with a scale non-equal to 1 will give that error. You could select all, CTRL+A > Scale (to apply the scale to the mesh so the object's scale is 1 again). It shouldn't give any issues and might fix your problem. If not, would you be able to send your .blend file? I can have a look.

For Blender it's sort of the same. Anything with a scale non-equal to 1 will give that error. You could select all, CTRL+A > Scale (to apply the scale to the mesh so the object's scale is 1 again). It shouldn't give any issues and might fix your problem. If not, would you be able to send your .blend file? I can have a look.
thanks Mate. problem "went away". no idea why.

I want to fix a mod, the car collides with the ground, then I changed the collider and now it is crashing when i load the game

Heres the error. Can you help me?

INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] Text001
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] Text002
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/proview_nodes.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [NODES] Text003
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] MAXGAS
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] MINRPM
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] MAXRPM
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/ford mustang gt390/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HEADER] INTENSITY

Edit: I found the collider file in the data folder, there i can adjust the position of the collider

Last edited:
I get the same error, I tried all the solutions that worked here but I cannot even load a cube from blender in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

Somehow exporting multiple objects at the same time made it work.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years