KS_Editor issues with work on circuit

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
Greetings guys,

It's been really really long time since i have used this amazing forum. Last time i came here, i had no idea how 3D works. Now i am coming back some 3 or 4 years later as Autodesk certified 3D artist Specialized in Game Design and Animations (you can check my work on the following sites: wordpress, facebook, instagram)

I know most of the stuff inside out however i came across one very odd and irritating issue using KS_Editor for the purpose of creating a circuit for Assetto Corsa that has to be published in the next half a year or a year.

The case is: There is a tower on which i created in Maya (complete new mesh) an antena and put texture on it. The antena was visible in the game when i played it.

Later i did the same, putting tyre wall

You can see the low poly and original tyre wall that i wanted to replace with much more realistic version. However that tyre wall not only was not visible in the game, but the low poly wall that i deleted it, was still visual in the game when i turned it on.

I exported the newly created file as an FBX of course, opened up it KS_editor, save the kn5 file etc, same way i did previous time with the antenas.

I am confused, why the new wall is not visible and the low poly that i have deleted are still visible although deleted?! This is very confusing to me and i have no answer for it.

Also, i changed the circuit texture/tarmac to a bit darker version, changed the diffuse and specular in the KS_Editor for details, and again those changes does not transfer into the game.

I hope someone experienced with Assetto Corsa mods and KS_Editor would help me out. I would be immensely grateful!

Kind regards,
Dusko Avramovski

So you have deleted that lowpoly tirewall in your 3d software but when you import your model into sdk it still shows up? Are you sure you are importing the correct fbx? Are you sure you deleted it in 3d software and not just hide it? If you open your fbx in your 3d software is the wall there?

If you just want to make an object invisible in sdk there is option to turn "renderable" off. Bottom left in sdk window. Also check your lod int/out values. If you have black alpha in that tirewall texture and you are using alphatest or alphablend shader you could get it disappear as well. Does the object that is missing show up in the left hand side list of objects or in the fbx itself?

Are the tirewall objects the same name?

Also your ambient and diffuse settings, looks like you are using 0 and 1? You’ll definitely have issues with your materials using those numbers... try 0.3 and 0.3... or 0.4

Guys i literally deleted the low poly wall while working in Maya. The wall was not visible in the KS_Editor.

From there, saving the KN5 file, and putting all files accordingly in the dedicated folder, from there pasting them into the content folder in Assetto Corsa. There is no mistake with the folders whatsoever. I turn on the track, the low poly wall is there and tyres are not!

How is that possible? What i am missing? What i might be doing wrong?

What is even more confusing, just days before i was creating antenas on top of one tower. They are visible!

Guys i literally deleted the low poly wall while working in Maya. The wall was not visible in the KS_Editor.

From there, saving the KN5 file, and putting all files accordingly in the dedicated folder, from there pasting them into the content folder in Assetto Corsa. There is no mistake with the folders whatsoever. I turn on the track, the low poly wall is there and tyres are not!
All the files? It should be just one kn5 file. Have you checked your models...ini in your track folder just in case your tirewall comes from another kn5?

Did you check your exported fbx file in your 3d software just to see you are exporting what you think you are exporting?

All the files? It should be just one kn5 file. Have you checked your models...ini in your track folder just in case your tirewall comes from another kn5?

Did you check your exported fbx file in your 3d software just to see you are exporting what you think you are exporting?

I will look for these details you mentioned. I read something about FBX export of 2012 version.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%