Resource icon

Skins KS Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014 - #1, #2, #3 4K & 8K 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Henky SA submitted a new resource:

KS Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014 - #1, #2, #3 4K & 8K - 2014 Ingolstadt's endurance racer remade

as i remade the 919s in hi-res before, now is the time for the R18 to get the treatment.

redrawn from scratch, with new bolts and rivets. and corrected all informations in the ui_skin.json.

done in 8K and 4K. with Le Mans versions and WEC versions included within this package.

pick one which suits your need and drop them to Kunos' R18 skins folder.

credit to Kunos for the original textures which used as the base.

suits will follow later.
View attachment 192315...

Read more about this resource...

Henky SA updated KS Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014 - #1, #2, #3 4K & 8K with a new update entry:

fixes

that's why they said don't push yourself overnight when working on something or you will miss tiny details...

fixed the mirror colors of #2 (both versions) & #3. now they have red (#2) and black (#3). and corrected typeface for all driver names. as i put wrong typesets before.
View attachment 192370

View attachment 192369

View attachment 192368

Read the rest of this update entry...

There's something very odd with the AO layer here. It looks like it's missing the face smoothing. This is especially noticeable in the front, where you really can make out all the triangulars around the curving. Hope this can be fixed. Other than that, good work of course!

There's something very odd with the AO layer here. It looks like it's missing the face smoothing. This is especially noticeable in the front, where you really can make out all the triangulars around the curving. Hope this can be fixed. Other than that, good work of course!
you are the first one to notice it and i'm really thankful for that.

at first i didn't really notice the triangulars on any AOs i baked since the first try. or even didn't care at first. probably because they're seen in the area that barely noticeable. but this model was the first one that the triangulars has been seen in the noticeable area.

i am currently re-baking brand new AO and using turbosmooth modifier set to smooth it, now the result is nicer but take longer time to render than usual. 4 hours passed since i hit the render button (it's been 85% rendered) so probably it will be updated tomorrow or a day after tomorrow with better AO whilst i'm working on suits.
fse.jpg

Last edited:
Henky SA updated KS Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014 - #1, #2, #3 4K & 8K with a new update entry:

fixes and additions

>New AO
the old one that i was used before looked like it's missing the face smoothing, as you can see the triangulars noticeable especially at the front. it's due to the mesh didn't get the mesh smoothing treatment. i've re-created brand new AO that has been smoothed. so it looks cleaner now. (thanks to @quakeguy who spotted it before).
View attachment 192753

>new tires by OPMP

>added driver suit and racecrew suit. thanks to @Epistolarius who...

Read the rest of this update entry...

because i don't want to bring another update for just replace current previews to Kunos' style previews (i created temporary previews in the skins because i wasn't at home since a week ago due to some business with a friend), here's all the pics taken with Kunos' style preview in case if you want them :

- 00_lm1_8k / 00_lm1_4k
previewlm1.jpg

- 01_lm2_8k / 01_lm2_4k
previewlm2.jpg

- 02_lm3_8k / 02_lm3_4k
previewlm3.jpg

- 00_wec1_8k / 00_wec1_4k
previewwec1.jpg

- 00_wec1_8k / 00_wec1_4k
previewwec2.jpg

remember to rename each of them to "preview.jpg" first before replace.

Last edited:
I talk about the previews in the skins folder :)
those previews inside the skins folder were produced by KeyShot. couldn't use CM at that moment because i visited my friend's house for some business for a week. i brought the PSD and 3D model on my external disk so i could work on his PC. but the problem was he didn't play AC hence i just created temporary previews using KS produced pics.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%