Resource icon

Tracks Knockhill Racing Circuit 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tiago Lima submitted a new resource:

Knockhill Racing Circuit - Knockhill Racing Circuit

BETA VERSION

No cameras and ai

Knockhill Racing Circuit is a motor racing circuit in Fife, Scotland, opened in September 1974.[1] It is Scotland's national motorsport centre. The circuit is located in the Fife countryside about 6 miles (10 km) north of Dunfermline and was created by joining service roads to a nearby disused mineral railway, closed in 1951, which served Lethans Colliery.

Read more about this resource...

Lovely wee track - been waiting for 'my local' racetrack and it's finally here. The details are good (although things can be improved), and it's a definitely a good start. Looking forward for the updates!

What you've done so far is really good and I don't think I ever would create any track so well. Looking at the version number you're not finished with it yet, but since you're asking here's a list of what I'd like to see in the upcoming updates:
  • Add AI and cameras (which you already know)
  • More textures (braking/skid marks on the tarmac for example)
  • Collideable elements (distance boards etc. - yeah - I'm that sort of driver :) )
  • Environment tweaks (e.g. forest at the south of the circuit doesn't look like a real(ish) forest)
  • Less repetitive spectator textures (or simply more different textures for spectators)
I've only driven ~10 laps on it yesterday evening, so this might not be a finalised list ;)
Many thanks again for what you've done and keep up the good work!

Hi Tiago,

Been looking for your updated Knockhill Racing Circuit link with TV Cam, Map, AI etc, but links not working anymore.

Do you still have it to make available?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years