Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

It makes sense, since there is no standard format between events.

Of course. I can set in SCE (within limits) the amount of laps that I want. But still like to know how the length of races in real season was defined.

Tnx.

If you mean for the naming of the race, they usually made it a nice even number because for some reason race distances have always been mentioned in the title of American races - for example Portland (according to wiki at least) - named the Budweiser / GI Joe's 200; was actually 192 someodd miles on the track, or ~310km.

Races were scheduled for lap count and named for the distance of the race with the races generally around 310km or so. I think you get what we are saying but I'm not sure you are getting what we are saying. :)

Last edited:
I have uploaded this mod from both avesportweebly and extremefactor and am experriencing a problem with viewing the Alfa 8c when I replay a section of a track to see how I have handled the situation. The body of the car dispappears and all I get is wheels. Does anyone know what may be causing the problem and / or how to fix it?

I've tried almost all the mods out there. IMO none of them are at the standard of the original Reiza content, with the exception of Patrick Giranthon's mods and maybe parts of the Historix mod, and the Honda NSX and Corvette mods (but there's a problem with the ai for those two).

After that Enduracers and Legends mods are quite good (but not at the level of Reiza content).

Hi guys... for those who are interested... I am nearly done with final touches to the 2015 F1 package. It will include all cars & drivers of the current season as well as skins for each car (Even Red Bull's Camo skin from pre-season testing).
It will also include tracks from the current season calendar, although Germany seems to be out...
So please give me a week at the most. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Since the 8th gear issue still seems to be part of GSC 1.31 I cannot guarentee it will not affect this 2015 mod. For us it doesn't and we have done quite a few races on Monza where other drivers surely use the 8th gear on the straights.

Known issues: Can still not get the visual DRS Flap to show although performance wise it does.
I can also not get the Tyres to change visually although performance wise they do.

If anyone here knows a bit about modding textures, please pm me so that we can try and get a work around for this issue.

The alternative would be to make a completely separate mod altogether, but the 8th gear will then be missing, because Reiza doesn't share the code for it... I am piggy backing on there Extreme mod like I did with the 2014 cars.

Anyway... let me know if you guys would be interested.

P.S. I will also make sure to include a stand alone download link for the mod since one or two guys complained about using the simsync.exe (But I will not be able to keep those download files updated - updating should then be done via simsync)

Reactions: hex
It loads ok for me, thanks for this one Patrick, but is there anything that can be done about the road textures on lower settings? I am getting some strange effects.
I use low or medium texture on my laptop, and there are lots of lines running along the track surface, which I have not seen before on other tracks.
It reduces as I raise the texture level but even on high, there is still a dark band along the edge of the track.

2015-04-09_00001.jpg

Honestly, i dont know why It happens :-(
Will try to find
Just to add to this, I checked Snetterton and that has a similar problem. The track surface looks perfect at full texture on both tracks, but as soon as this setting is lowered at all, problems appear in the track surface. Maybe there's nothing that can be done about it but I thought you should know.
I will leave it on full texture in future and anyway thanks again for the upgrade to these tracks.

No its not a big difference to be honest. I mainly use my laptop for testing mods and other changes so I tend to have some display settings lowered just to speed things up a bit, that's the only reason I noticed it. It looks perfect on full settings, as does Snetterton.

I didn't intend to cause you any extra work trying to fix it, but I thought I should report it. The main thing is it is easily fixed by raising texture setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%