Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks a lot for your conversion, it was one of my prefered mod in RF1.
Is there a way to have the mirrors working? I tried the Porsche and the BMW and you cannot adjust them enough.
Solved , found in the forum, edit in the .plr change Self in Cockpit Rrearview to 0.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hey guys,it's Patrick,the original creator of this mod on rFactor.I'm just here to say that a new version has been released on rFactor since a lot of times since end of october (v0.92) and I'm not sure but here,it's still 0.91 version,0.92 include visual DRS.
Change Log V0.92 on rFactor :
- New car updates
- New skin textures
- New steering wheel for Ferrari,Mclaren
- New SPRL Shaders settings
- Visual DRS
- New cameras
You can take a look
https://mega.co.nz/#!IMQAjZQT!YIDTff6KreIm_zAwRkjZt4q5NJJfBos6-ixfSLq0d1s
http://www.mediafire.com/download/85d8wn2hojd8vje/F1+2014+by+Patrick34+v0.92.exe

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Knockhill - Knockhill for GSCEx

Hi everyone.

Knockhill for GSCEx. Taken from here (look at here for credits) : http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Knockhill 2011
Did not succeed to contact creators, except MotorFX.

- new sky
- reiza roadshaders
- track mesh reworked to have a better grip feeling.
- special effect added to the road for better feeling

Known issues :
- one little triangle became black when converting. strange because not black under 3DSmax.
- As the road is not really flat, reflection...

Read more about this resource...

I have discussed it with Patrick... but here it is again... although everything on his mod works brilliantly for rfactor...the visual drs and visual tyre compound changes aren't working in GSC. Something to do with the fact that GSC doesn't use rFHighVoltage. Also... Patrick's original mod doesn't have 8th gear, which is also a rFactor limitation, hence our move to GSC in the first place. rFactor is dead or dying... I asked Patrick to assist me with his mod for GSC... because merely converting it isn't the only problem... to get 8th gear etc.working, one has to modify the whole mod to "piggyback" on the extreme cars. Anyone else feel free to try. I will also re-update the mod at some stage... but unfortunately we still cannot guarantee anything other than newer cars (Now based on the F1 2014 game right Patrick?)
Rendering the whole project a bit pointless. We have asked numerous people for assistance (From Reiza as well as modelers) but so far, no one has come forward with any suggestions. GSC doesn't swap .gmt's...it switches between .dds materials. Not sure how it works though. Understandably Reiza didn't intend for anyone else's mod to be able to have 8th gear, tyre degradation and flat spotting (To be introduced in the 1.25 update). To have gotten the 8th gear working was already a huge achievement and we have already enjoyed countless hours enjoying this mod in GSC. (btw... other cars do NOT disappear when using the 8th gear. We tested it last night for hours)
But to be honest... I got my hands on a pre-release copy of Project Cars and have to admit... GSC - although much much better than rFactor imho - it will not come close to the sheer enjoyment of Project Cars.

Last edited:
To me there appears to be smth wrong with the grip/tires here. Once the tires lose traction I find it too hard to regain traction/balance - the traction fall off is excessive, the traction decrease isn't progressive enough...the tires just slide as if on ice. There's not enough room for correction, not enough "tire rubber travel" or smth. I don't believe it should be driven as cautiously as it does now. There should be room for some powersliding and drifting and playing with the car (like with your 911 rsr mod), but due to bad tires (?) it's oddly hard to do here..

Also the weight shift is very aggressive when you are trying to catch the rear for example - the weight comes around too aggressively, the car snaps and usually spins. Again not enough room to regain balance...it's too nervous imo.

Just a couple of my impressions, I hope you don't mind. I feel this mod still requires a bit of work to be great, especially on the tires/grip/traction... This grip issue is almost a gamebreaker for me atm, although otherwise they drive nicely.

hey guys, im new here :D i bought gsc13 some days ago and now i want to convert my mods from gtr2 to it...
the first car i have on showroom but was a long procedure, 5hours ^^ overall im clear with the most stuff and materials but still have some questions about it...

i always have to crypt the files to show the car ingame? this way would be very boring because for every change you make you have to crypt the files for checking it ingame -.- theres isnt a other way to run the game using decrypted files?

i wanted to unpack a standard gsc car to have a base and see how the game and material settings work right but the gen files are hidden? thats bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 269 27.3%