Tracks Knockhill 2017 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jim lloyd submitted a new resource:

knockhill 2017 - Knockhill Racing Circuit, Dunfermline, Scotland

View attachment 227417
View attachment 227418
View attachment 227419 View attachment 227420 View attachment 227421 View attachment 227422 View attachment 227423

KNOCKHILL RACING CIRCUIT V0.9

1974 - TO DATE
Location - Dunfermline, Scotland
Full Circuit
1.300 miles / 2.092 km

About
Scotland's only permanent racing facility has cemented itself as one of the most popular venues in the United Kingdom, thanks to its short but...

Read more about this resource...

One thing that i dont know if its a setting on the track the kerbs are very very violent on my fanatec :) made me go check against Kunos tracks :)
Have to say I'm not getting this behaviour at all, the kerbs are really smooth for me.

Red sausage kerbs obviously will throw you off line because they are correctly huge, but the white/blue ones are dead smooth for me (almost too smooth? Not sure, haven't looked at too much videos).

Regardless, feels like a great rendition, really glad to be able to drive it in VR.

Nice new video with the Huracan Performante - not my type of car but cool to give it a go like in the video:

Look forward to having a spin on this later. Been there a few times for the BTCC.
The blue and white kerbs are smooth IRL, the video above shows this. They are just painted concrete and very slippy in the wet.
Been waiting for an accurate rendition of this track for years!!

Really great version of a cool track, cheers.
Theres a weird thing here near the first pit box:
Screenshot_oreca_flm09_knockhill2017_22-12-117-18-18-53.jpg

unless there is any reason for putting the year in the name, then id suggest the following for ui_track.json:
"name": "Knockhill",
"description": "Knockhill 2017",
"tags" : ["circuit","Scotland"],

Kerbs seem perfect then if thats the case :thumbsup:
I'm getting a hell of a rumble on the kerbs. I do have kerb gain at 20% in game though, but they should be smooth and very slightly less grippy. Bare in mind it's primarily a bike track.
Also the sausage kerb at the chicane gives a much bigger kick IRL, it will get the cars on two wheels if you hit them right/wrong, but that might be a Kunos thing tbh.
Overall a brilliant mod though. You've got the cambers and bumps more or less spot on, will be spending a lot of time on it :)

I have the kerb gain turned off, its just an artificial effect.

If they have some physicsal shape, you should feel them. If they don't (like these ones don't), then it feels as it should.

And yeah kunos tyres aren't really ideal for 2 wheel driving, they lose too much grip at high camber so its near impossible. I reckon i could probably do it in the Transit as I've used the manual camber curve...

Edit* Yes. Yes you can :roflmao: With a camber curve that doesn't lose all grip at high cambers, getting up on two wheels (in the high CoG of the van at least) is very easy, and extremely fun! :laugh: Can do it on a few of the kerbs, T1 is the easiest though:

nZctels.gif

Its kinda possible with kunos cars too, though the car flattens itself very quickly, as the outsite tyres lose all grip.

5iYUviOh.jpg

Last edited:
I've never driven Knockhill before in any sim, what a lovely little track! It looks, runs and drives well. Thanks for your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%