Kirkistown Northern Ireland

Tracks Kirkistown Northern Ireland 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Kirkistown Norther Ireland - Northern Ireland's only MSA-licensed permanent race track.

Here's an early release of this one, as I've seen there is a newly released Payware version - this one is and always will be free to everybody :)

As this is a free alternative, and a bit of friendly competition to a payware mod - i'd appreciate any donations you may consider :)

You can donate at https://www.paypal.me/hesbrook

Your donations help future track releases and energry drinks ot help them come out faster ;)

This is an early release, so please...

Read more about this resource...

@Tyrone, this track tries to overwrite Gilles's existing version of the same track. Can you rename the folder etc please? It'd be good to keep both for comparison purposes. I think they are VERY different. ;)

@Tyrone, this track tries to overwrite Gilles's existing version of the same track. Can you rename the folder etc please? It'd be good to keep both for comparison purposes. I think they are VERY different. ;)

I'm not familiar with the file structure of Gilles' version so I didn't know they'd conflict, sorry about that!

Maybe Gilles should re-name his! as this is free surely more people will download it /s

I'll call it Kirkistown_TH or something on the next update.

Anyway, did you manage to take a drive?

I'm not familiar with the file structure of Gilles' version so I didn't know they'd conflict, sorry about that!

Maybe Gilles should re-name his! as this is free surely more people will download it /s

I'll call it Kirkistown_TH or something on the next update.

Anyway, did you manage to take a drive?
I haven't yet as I'd like to keep both if I can, but am not sure how to go about that. Gilles's has got more of a vintage ambience and yours is obviously more modern so the two should be able to coexist quite happily.

It's probably easier (as a temporary measure until I push out the next update) to rename the existing follder with _1 and then the KN5 file with _1 as well.
Cool, I'll try that.
I just installed your track as a 'clean installation' over the Gilles version (using CM) and a couple of weird things happened. Firstly my ghost from Gilles's track was driving towards me down the main start finish straight, and there was also an invisible barrier (from the other track I guess) across the road. Reinstalling again (clean again) got rid of the barrier but the ghost car kept whizzing around the fields like Casper road-testing a rally car. I guess the ghosts are stored separately from the track. I need to reset it somehow.
Anyway, now that your track is installed I'll rename the folder and kn5 and that should enable me to reinstall Gilles's version.
Cheers.
(Yours looks good, by the way. I don't like the fat cones though... ;) )

I will be honest, at the moment is a bit too rough (the ground texture around the track should be a lot more detailed), but the colors are good and the basic details are there. I know that is only a 0.8, I will give a 5 star review on the 1.0 (hoping you will work on this track) and when it will be complete, the base is good.:thumbsup:

P.S. At the moment is far better then that crappy payware rF conversion but isn't a "5 stars" track IMHO.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%