Kill scam paid mod sites.

********************* (or Sim Dream for short) is a modding group who sell mods on their website ***********************. These mods are more often than not stolen, low-quality, and often ripped completely from other games and creators without permission. I'm pretty sure that selling content without the permission of the original creator is not only wrong but illegal, although I'm not 100% sure on the laws around this.

The community have known about them for years and afaik there was one attempt to shut them down after a mod creator complained. They changed their website name to *********************** (which was smart as it likely drives up traffic to their site) and have continued selling low-effort mods to unsuspecting racers. The mods on their website look good at first glance, but are cheap conversions from rFactor and Forza, with very little work done on the physics of the cars and how they drive in general. They're charging users $7-10 for each mod which is simply not worth it and I doubt that they have contacted the original creator before doing this.

I'm making this post because Sim Dream have now taken steps to falsely copyright strike other mod makers and content creators to take down their original content. A friend of mine recently received a copyright strike on YT for a mod review video that he had made which featured the GPL 1500cc mod by Bazza. This copyright strike was made by Sim Dream. His review fell under fair use but was still removed. Sim Dream's website lists the "Assetto Corsa Classic Competition Mod" which features several cars that have been taken directly from Bazza's GPL 1500cc mod without his permission. I'm not sure why they striked that video but I find it incredibly hypocritical that they did this considering that they steal content.

A few days later Sim Dream striked Bazza's mod that he was hosting on Mediafire and the file was removed. So, not only did they steal his mods but they've also taken action to remove Bazza's mods and claim they have the copyrights to them. I'm not sure how or why this is allowed to happen but it's totally wrong.

I'm hoping that this post exposes some of the wrongdoing of Sim Dream and creates a discussion on how we can stop them from profitting of the works of others. I wouldn't mind if they simply converted old mods from other games for free but they are actively making money and being di*** in the process. Let me know if you've had any negative experiences with their mods or services and hopefully something can be done.

TLDR: Sim Dream steal mods from others and create low-quality ripped versions that they then sell without permission from the original creators. They have recently abused the copyright system to issue false copyright claims on YT and against mod creators.

Just recently, the GPL mod has been taken down. I am also getting legal advice from a family friend but it's time to spread awareness and get our mods back.

I'm pretty sure they're also the reason why the old F1 Classic forum was closed down a few months ago. I have only been a member of that forum for a few years, but it had existed for 13 years with more or less no problems, until June this year, when reports from the domain owner came stating the forum needs to remove unspecified "illegal content" due to "copyright infringement", which is nonsense since we know that the forum administrators were strict on enforcing the "no-ripped content on this forum, original work only" rule. Because the "illegal content" isn't specified, and we're pretty sure that there were no illegal mods in the forum, we cant' take action, leading the admins to close the site.

And I don't want to brag, but I am one of a number of people who helped debug a mod released in rFactor by a certain modding group. So you can only imagine the terrible rage I felt, when, a year after the mod was released, and while we're still busy giving feedback to further polish the mod, Sim Dream came along with "their" mod, and it is a no-brainer to see that it is the mod we're working on. They can't even be arsed to at least change the skins so that no one would notice it!

So, yeah. I would say that Sim Dream is the wart and pus-filled boil of the modding community, and I hate them with all my heart.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i think it would be good if it come something like standalone system for simracing wit either free or paid base game, and different devs making their own cars , such as DCS in flying sims world. yo have DCS its free on steam an yo have one map and 2 or more free planes and third party make their own planes or even helicopter and sell them to make money, but DCS makers take % of it, and of corse they have them own planes to sell. then evry plane is 100% accurate, and as DCS is free there are many people trying it out then they tell they want this plane, that map and we have servers full.
there is no such thing in simracing , it is only iceRacing then yo have payed subscription, or RRRE yo have free game but both yo can buy specific car but all cars made by iceRacing or RRRE developers, why not make just one ecosystem , one most realistic engine then let third party developers make cars and tracks an take % of what tey sellin?

• Deleted member 963434

lookup DCS, see how tey made it, its Russians made it. they made most realistic flying sim engine, let others devs make maps and planes for it. then there are many devs livin by just making planes for DCS, they not make whole games but they just make one plane for DCS system and they live from it, or tey making maps 100% accurate cities like Dubai or Las Vegas 100% accurate cities better than recent Microsoft Flying Simulator.
imagine such thing in simracing we finally have one engine 100 % accurate and we buy cars from lot of devs then we know each car is 100% made as its devs spend 100% time on makin just one car. if they make it bad they gone, as free market works.. imagine it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%