Kilimanjaro February 2011

On 10th February 2011, I will be attempting one of the world's greatest treks - Kilimanjaro. At 5895m, Kilimanjaro is the tallest free standing mountain in the world.

We are doing the trek to raise funds and awareness for Headway, the brain injury association. Headway helps brain injury survivors come to terms with their new circumstance, re-integrate into family and community life and maximise their opportunities and choices.

It also provides practical and emotional support for families and carers, recognising that they too are coping with new and demanding responsibilities that can leave them feeling isolated and inadequate.

The reason I am doing this is my mates sister fell down the stairs (July 09) and received that bad a head injury she was in a coma for months. She is now out of hospital and is staying in a care home which Headway is giving support to her and the rest of her family. She has only just turned 30.

Would appreciate any donation how small. http://www.justgiving.com/Scott-Malcolm

Thanks.

nearly time to go!!!!!
283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

ATM I've raised £1428 and there's still money coming in.

Fly from Edinburgh at 2pm on Thurs expected to arrive at Kilimanjaro Int Airport 12pm Friday (3 flights) , spend Friday night in the hotel then head off on Saturday morning to do a "once in a lifetime" experiance. We should......I mean will be on the summit Thursday morning.

Photos will appear in this thread when I come back , so watch this space.

Wow, I'd love to do something like that,! Would feel so rewarding, good luck to you!!

My friends and I were talking about going to India with this group in 2011, fundraise the money through and make a difference to people out there... would be an awesome experience.

You will have an awesome time, I did it in Feb of 2007 at the start of a month long vacation. On a clear day you can see the mountain from the airport.I did 2 weeks in Kenya and 2 weeks in Tanzania. If you are there for a while and do any safaris I highly suggest the hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti, to be able to see 100,000+ wildabeast and zebras making their annual migration was something I will never forget. Visiting a massi tribal village was a real eye opener as well. If your In Nairobi for a day check out the Carnivore resturant and the elephant orphanage, you won't be disappointed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%