F1 2012 Keyboard vs wheel

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

kelaroost

@Simberia
My question is do you find that people who use a digital control such as a keyboard are faster all round than someone using a wheel ?
From my experience i found i get completly owned wile racing against a player who just presses keys on his keyboard.
Is there an advantage using a keyboard or not ?
Or is it just a fact i suck at racing ? or is my question a valid one ?

Keyboards can be ok but you never get anything other than full throttle/brake/steering or none at all because of only pressing buttons. It's really hard to slow down without locking up if you have abs off and really hard to turn corners smoothly

Just ive played against others online, im doing perfect laps well im not crashing and im behind the winner by over 12 sec at the end of 3 laps.
i ask what are his controls he says keyboard.
Im having to back of the power mid corner to stay on the racing line and this guy sticks like glue and takes over a second a lap on one corner alone to me.
I duno if its a fact i just suck or what but its very disheartening when you get a ass whipping from someone using keys that give no throttle control or any variable controls what so ever.

Keyboard is slower than wheel but if you have a good setup you'll be fast than others on the wheel. I use keyboard and sometimes i have problems because others don't understand how i am faster and they vote for kick me. It was more corectly if the game can autoselect wheel players or keyboard players.Who is fast on keyboard is a cheater for others that don't have a good setup.The secret is to try or modify car setups( wings,brakes,gear, springs etc) until the lap time and car control is very good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back