Keyboard steering issue

Hi guys, is there someone who can help me with this one? I've installed AC with Content Manager yesterday for the first time, and using the keyboard ( i know i should get a wheel..) i noticed that the angle steering is too limited, even if i press the left/right arrow completely. So any car I use will always understeer and won't turn properly, unless i go extremely slow (about 60-70 km/h). It's really annoying this issue, any thoughts?

Thanks very much

you are saying that you cannot get enough lock.. and then you say they "understeer".
Those 2 statements are a contradiction.. understeer is something that happens when you give too much lock. In your case I guess you are saying that they do not steer enough.. which is not understeer.

Anyway.. realistically, get rid of the keyboard. Use mouse steering at least.. some kind of xbox compatible gamepad is really the minimum for decency if you want to drive on a sim.

you are saying that you cannot get enough lock.. and then you say they "understeer".
Those 2 statements are a contradiction.. understeer is something that happens when you give too much lock. In your case I guess you are saying that they do not steer enough.. which is not understeer.

Anyway.. realistically, get rid of the keyboard. Use mouse steering at least.. some kind of xbox compatible gamepad is really the minimum for decency if you want to drive on a sim.
I know it's better to not using the keyboard, unfortunately at the moment I can play AC only in this way. You're right, I should be more clear about my issue: using for example a F1 car, the steering wheel turns completely on left/right only when the car is stopped. Once I accelerate, with the speed increasing, the steering wheel turns only halfway, forcing me to turn very slowly because I can't steer enough the wheels. Maybe there's a wrong setting with the keyboard?

Last edited:
Solved the issue, i believe something was messed up with controls settings.
The solution was to delete the AC folder in Documents and the keyboard now works like a charm.

Last edited:
Hi guys, is there someone who can help me with this one? I've installed AC with Content Manager yesterday for the first time, and using the keyboard ( i know i should get a wheel..) i noticed that the angle steering is too limited, even if i press the left/right arrow completely. So any car I use will always understeer and won't turn properly, unless i go extremely slow (about 60-70 km/h). It's really annoying this issue, any thoughts?

Thanks very much
Hey did you get any solution, I'm facing the same issue.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back