Keyboard keys stop working while on track (multiplayer)

Hi.

I had a fresh AC install and everything was fine. Then I installed CM+CSP+Sol. Also, RSR. No other mods. I play using a wheel.

But after I've installed these mods, sometimes while on track on a multiplayer session my keyboard keys stop working. I finish my hotlap, or spin or crash, and want to go back to the pits, but I can't, since the ESC key stopped working. I try to type something on the chat box and nothing happens. All keyboard keys stop working. Then I need to wait on track for the session to be over, so the game will teleport me to the pits, and then the keyboard restarts working normally again.

Any ideas of what might be causing this?

I've experienced this. I think it's related to the new chat app in CSP.

It's like keyboard input is remaining focused on the chat window in the pre-race UI. You start the race, but your 'cursor' is still bound to a now hidden chat window where you can't do things like press esc or Ctrl+H to hide the HUD.

I fix the issue by remembering to clicking in empty space outside the chat window before clicking the wheel to get into the cockpit.

You could also try turning off the chat app in CM > Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > GUI . I'm running v0.1.62 of CSP BTW.

That makes a lot of sense, probably related to the new chat app - I remember now the keyboard never stops working on track when I'm practising offline.

Thanks a lot, Spondoolix. I'm going to try the empty space click. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing