KERS question

If i use for example the "overtake" profile.

Which is:

1º gear 0%
2º gear 0%
3º gear 50%
4º gear 100%
5º gear 100%
6º gear 100%
7º gear 100%
8º gear 100%

It means that if i press the KERS button at 4º 5º 6º 7º or 8º gears it won't change anything since it is already delivering 100%?

Maybe yes maybe no.

100% is just one multiplier and there are others that depend on other stuff.

If in the profile there is also a multiplier depending on car speed and that multiplier is not at 100% then pressing the button will give some extra.

Open the gear app, watch the blue dial. This is deployment rate. If maxed out, pressing KERS won't do anything.

It seems like you fundamentally don't understand how ERS works. There is no KERS anymore. For a qualifying lap, you need to charge the batteries beforehand and then use the Hotlap deployment profile. Ignore the KERS button.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...rrari-sf15-t-power-unit-driving-advice.34454/
But also consider the profiles in AC are very general and not circuit specific like they would be IRL, so often times the ‘hotlap’ profile is not particularly useful in AC, hence turning it off and essentially making your own profile live via the override button.

As Gary mentioned earlier, using a default hotlap profile is not the most efficient way of deploying your extra power. It might deplete your batteries early or, not use it fully. Every track is different.
Using it in charging mode i did my best lap. I managed to use all the available battery over the lap, manually.

I still don't understand why he said that when using a hotlap profile for example, i should ignore the kers button.

Using a profile different than charging means it will use the battery in a full automatic way, or both automatic and manual at the same time?

Last edited:
Using it in charging mode i did my best lap. I managed to use all the available battery over the lap, manually.

I still don't understand why he said that when using a hotlap profile for example, i should ignore the kers button.

Using a profile different than charging means it will use the battery in a full automatic way, or both automatic and manual at the same time?
Charging sets the car to a more conservative mode to expedite battery charge... so using that AND deploying ERS defeats the purpose of such system. You did your fast lap in this setting because you haven’t mastered the other options.

Depending on the car, charge for one lap, don’t touch the ERS button, next flying lap, turn off charging and use ERS in mid to high speed sections. You should be considerably faster.

Some cars come with a low aggressive / high aggressive setting, you can enable that too in combination with manual ERS.

There are many different ways of utilizing the system, many opinions out there... you’ll find your strategy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Charging sets the car to a more conservative mode to expedite battery charge... so using that AND deploying ERS defeats the purpose of such system. You did your fast lap in this setting because you haven’t mastered the other options.

Depending on the car, charge for one lap, don’t touch the ERS button, next flying lap, turn off charging and use ERS in mid to high speed sections. You should be considerably faster.

Some cars come with a low aggressive / high aggressive setting, you can enable that too in combination with manual ERS.

There are many different ways of utilizing the system, many opinions out there... you’ll find your strategy :thumbsup:
I'm talking about the Ferrari SF70H

I still don't understand how it works, i can't find a good strategy if i don't understand how it works.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 409 39.9%