F1 2012 KERS and DRS… too powerful?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
The only thing keeping me from buying this game right now is some of the video footage that makes it seem F1 2012 has KERS and DRS add way too much power/speed to the cars. One of the videos had a car at a top speed of 295 km/h at the end of the straight (unaided) vs. 340+ with DRS!

I seem to remember a mod for F1 2011 that could change the effect KERS and DRS had… any ideas about trying this for 2012?

In regards to your first paragraph, i think that the KERS and DRS aren't too powerful, but certainly,
1) KERS is too loud, and makes it sound too powerful but if you watch the speed, its actually fine.
2) There's way too much of a speed differential between DRS activated and DRS not activated. In Malaysia i can only get up to about 280kph on the main straight, without DRS, and then with DRS i can get up to 305-320kph. It just seems there's too much rear drag when DRS is inactive. And this leads me to think that CM increased the rear downforce through faster corners by increasing the drag from the rear wing, to the detriment of top speed.

And in regards to your second paragraph, im sure that you can edit the effect that DRS and KERS have, but again, i am convinced that there is too much drag without DRS, which makes DRS seem overpowered.

In regards to your first paragraph, i think that the KERS and DRS aren't too powerful, but certainly,
1) KERS is too loud, and makes it sound too powerful but if you watch the speed, its actually fine.
2) There's way too much of a speed differential between DRS activated and DRS not activated. In Malaysia i can only get up to about 280kph on the main straight, without DRS, and then with DRS i can get up to 305-320kph. It just seems there's too much rear drag when DRS is inactive. And this leads me to think that CM increased the rear downforce through faster corners by increasing the drag from the rear wing, to the detriment of top speed.

And in regards to your second paragraph, im sure that you can edit the effect that DRS and KERS have, but again, i am convinced that there is too much drag without DRS, which makes DRS seem overpowered.

makes sense!

I agree with KERS being too loud, and it seems like you slow down when you let off KERS in some instances. In regards to DRS it seems very circuit and car dependent. Some circuts I can max out 7th gear in terms of speed and be able to get close to the limiter w/o DRS. Others I need a perfect line out of the last corner and open DRS as early as possible to get to the limiter.

drs is not too powerfull, but the top speed without drs is too slow..
DRS should add 14 km/h down the straight, and it does in real life, but in the game its more like 25-30 km/h

Bottom line, it sheds more drag than it should, if someone is in DRS range they pass me in the middle of the straight even with me going hard on Kers, it's better to just concede.

Plus that much difference between DRS and non-DRS top speeds alters braking distances way too much which is another problem with the game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%