GT5 Kazunori Yamauchi says GT5 release date will be announced soon

In this interview with Autoweek.com says thats the release date for GT5 will be announced soon. I've been suggesting the release date will be announced at TGS for some time and perhaps this is when it will happen as its the next big show for the industry and on Sony's home ground.

• Bert Van Waes

Well Bram, the PSP version has a release date of Oct 1, and GT5 will be announced soon like he says in that interview. ;)

I think the release date will be announced september the 25th. Or will be announced around that time at the Tokyo Game show. I hope they release it Early December and also include a price drop for the PS3. Then watch those Lean mean fat grilling machines fly of the shelves.

GTPlanet says they have a tentative release date from an unofficial but very reliable source that GT5 will see a 2009 release and that the Amazon.com date of the 29th of December is incorrect. They go on to speculate that rather than give a release date at this years Tokyo Game Show in September they could announce it sooner at Sony's press conference at the GamesCom Cologne on the 18th of August. The picture used alongside the article gives me hope we will see GT5 before Christmas!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%