Kazuki Nakajima tries Dallara SF14 simulator

Kazuki Nakajima was the choosen one to try the new Japanese Super Formula, the series to substitute the mytical Formula Nippon, where he his the last champion of the history.

In 2014 the series will change car from the actual Swift FN09 to the new Dallara SF14, with a weight of 650 Kg (50 less than the actual car) and a L4 turbo 2000 cc engine developing 500 hp.

The first contact with the tarmac will be next summer but for now you can enjoy this lap to virtual Suzuka.

Can you guess which simulation it is?

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

Wow look the graphics are plain and dated looking, they better burn that sim!! How could a real driver drive that for more than 1 minute?!! (sarcasm). Wait I get it, physics and driving is what matters in a real sim, to a real driver, but us wanna be's go on rants, bitching and moaning because a sims graphics aren't good enough, haha.

Joking aside, I really hope that sim isn't based on Assetto Corsa or RFactor 2. In real life even when not pushing on a qualy lap the car still moves around, you still correct, turn into the corner at different rates and all, but in this video every corner is one smooth constant turn, hold, return to centre, one smooth turn, hold, return to centre, one smooth turn, hold, return to centre. Repeat process for very corner. Reminds me of older project cars videos, turn wheel once, hold, return to centre, turn wheel once, hold, return to centre., repeat, repeat.

I recognize the awesome Hexatech simulator from Cruden so it can only be our good old Racer :) http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/racer.117/

Such an amazing experience as after 10 minutes in that machine I was totally worn out. Well done Kuza

Oh man, I'd really love a try in a simulator like that. Problem is, i wouldn't be able to get up the stairs, let alone climb in and use it.
;-)
One can dream though!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back