KartSim Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim Update.jpg

rFactor 2 based kart racing simulation KartSim received the update treatment yesterday, introducing a few useful tweaks to this excellent karting title.

Having released back in late March, KartSim appears to have been the recipient of a very warm community reaction as it looks to plug the obvious gap in sim racing for a dedicated, mainstream (well as mainstream as sim racing is going to get, anyway) racing content centred around the highly popular, and easily accessible world of kart racing.

Featuring three circuits at present (Buckmore Park and PF International in England and Glan Y Gors of Belgium), plus two different style of racing karts, KartSim is still in the early stages of development with further content expected to be released for the simulation in the coming months.

While fans eagerly await something new to drive with (or on), the developers of this stand alone piece of content within the rFactor 2 simulation have been working hard making improvements, as can be evidenced with both the updated versions of the three vanilla circuits, and some miscellaneous changes to the base content detailed in the changelog below:

KartSim Update 2.jpg

KartSim 15.5.2018 Update Notes:

Buckmore 2018 v1.05
Glan Y Gors v1.15
KS PFI v1.09

Changelog
  • Replaced Pit exit officials with Pit Exit Lights at all tracks
  • Changed advertising at PFI, Glan y Gors
  • Revised cut track at Buckmore and PFI
  • Adjusted corridors in pit lane at GyG
  • Adjusted fuel use estimate at PFI
  • Changed default weather selection for all tracks to be at more realistic choices

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Do you like the new update? Are you enjoying KartSim so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Kartsim isn't Studio 397's work.
The independent team developed it, 397 just sell it on their store.
However, I don't think it's a big problem (Heads problem you mentioned), they can fix it in next updates.
I hope in the future we'll see other team's high quality work like this in RF2' store.

jeez why dont they fix those stupid heads. I dont care if they race children in real life put adults in them or at least make it proportional! This sort of lack of attention to detail is what gives rf2 its bad name
So you are saying you don't want models to be like in real life?
I thought serious simmers want it as close to RL as it can get.

This arent children cuz in RL children (very young ones like my son when he started karting at age 4) you dont see shoulders atall because they dont come abvove the backside off their seats, from behind you see only helmets :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
and the Heights off the seats in the pictures are as in real with the cooling tubes above attached

Confused about the attention that the 3D models in this mod get - is it so important to warrant ALL the discussion?

Granted, the ISI karts were some of my favourite content, but these Kartsim karts are fantastic - so much better than ISI's offerings! The developers deserve huge props.

Are the 3D models out of proportion? I honestly haven't noticed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%