KARTS V1.14 Released.

KARTS V1.14 NOW AVAILABLE FOR RFACTOR 2!

rf2_karts_01.jpg

One of the most fun and least appreciated types of racing in rFactor 2 has got to be the karts. While for some this can create a whole standalone simulation, it is merely one of many vehicle types we offer to our users as a free download. If you haven’t tried them yet, be sure to give them a try with this updated version!

Download here! Or via the rF2 launcher
(Requires up-to-date build of rFactor 2).

v1.14 Changlog:
Physics (both Karts)
– New tires which have enabled the contact patch model for the first time.
– Added new wet weather variables for tires.
– Numerous AI correlation tweaks. AI warm tires quicker, wear slower and more evenly (F/R).
– Reduced inertia for wheels and engine. The wheels were set conservatively due to instability, an issue which new, more accurate tires have are the result.
– Reduced axle and gearbox friction to what should be a more accurate level.
– Softened undertray collision points which makes the kart more realistic and controllable over tall curbs.
– Fixed geometry bug that went unnoticed that was caused by a build bug fix (which was improperly defined in the previous kart release, and has been corrected for Builds 860 and newer).
– Tweak to reduce some ‘hopping’ experienced in certain extreme situations.
Physics Junior Kart specific
– Engine engine has more low end torque. Combined with other changes, it now accelerates a lot better from standstill.
Physics KartF1 specific
– Increased grip to correspond better with the class of tyre this is simulating.
UI
– Changed category name in-sim from ‘Kart Cup’ to ‘Karts’.
– Camera offset to match steering wheel.
Graphics
– Updated shaders
– Updated textures
– Minor 3D fixes

The contact patch model is still not fully complete, but at a sufficient point now. It is still lacking some lateral and longitudinal variability due to temperature / pressure and the lat/long deflections are still slightly over sensitive under extreme conditions when patch is extremely small. The vertical deflections are considered accurate. We will release more details soon.

There are also some setup adjustments not yet available in the UI. An update will follow !!!

Finally had a chance to have a drive of these after not really being on my radar. All I can say is wow, probably one of my favorite sim mods/cars ever. The racing is just fantastic thanks in part to RF2's excellent AI. Just brilliant fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%