Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Who said Friday 13th is unlucky? Not this time - one lucky racer will win a free month upgrade to RD premium membership!

Come along and race in the Opala's at Mosport this Friday in the RaceDepartment Game Stock Car Extreme race club and be in with a shot to win a free month of premium which you can either use for yourself when your current premium expires, or gift to a friend so they can get involved too!

All participants will be entered into a random draw, with one entry per person per race, so if you race in both race 1 and 2, you'll get two entries. It doesn't matter where you finish, so long as you finish! A winner will be drawn at random.

There are 25 slots available for each race - go sign up here!

And if you don't win this time, keep an eye out for race threads where there'll be more up for grabs.

Hi @Yuri

Yeah I tried increasing it from the default (up to 24 degrees, which is what I noticed on a shared setup once) but it seemed to make things worse, but I admit by that point my patience had run out! haha. Thanks, I will try later on :thumbsup:
24 is quite high if you're on 540 degrees. If you have that set to a value too high the car reacts really quick to small wheel movements. I normally use around 20 but it's personal preference

Many thanks for your suggestions everyone. All really helpful :)

Well the wheel rotation is 240 degrees. I think it's a case of getting that "feeling" right with the steering and at the moment I'm treading on tippy toes all the time. I can't attack the corner at all, which makes overtaking pretty tough.

By way of contrast in AC I can really attack the apex and it feels great.

Just need to experiment I think and see what works :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your suggestions everyone. All really helpful :)

Well the wheel rotation is 240 degrees. I think it's a case of getting that "feeling" right with the steering and at the moment I'm treading on tippy toes all the time. I can't attack the corner at all, which makes overtaking pretty tough.

By way of contrast in AC I can really attack the apex and it feels great.

Just need to experiment I think and see what works :thumbsup:
I think AC does it automaticly when you set your wheel rotation. Running 24 lock with 240 rotation is way too high and it won't feel good. I'd suggest to start with 14, and then try some values around that to see what feels better.

I think AC does it automaticly when you set your wheel rotation. Running 24 lock with 240 rotation is way too high and it won't feel good. I'd suggest to start with 14, and then try some values around that to see what feels better.

Well that certainly explains why it made it worse when I tried it! haha.

Thanks @Yuri, I will have a look at the setup guide later and see if it helps.

(Reading the post from Reiza about automatic configuration for steering coming sometime soon. It will be interesting to see if that makes any difference).

240 degrees rotation means you need less than 14 degrees steering lock; at 270 rotation 14 degrees is good. No wonder you were struggling. Try 14 and then knock it down a notch or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back