• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured KartKraft V0.1.0.1660 Update Released

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 17, 2019 at 19:46.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,565
    KartKraft Update .jpg
    A new update to PC racing game KartKraft has been released - the first of a series of improvements heading to the title in the near future.

It's been a while since we spoke about KartKraft here at RaceDepartment, with the last update to the title having dropped back on February 7th as it brought the much anticipated support for VR users.

This new release, dropped to Steam yesterday, also has something of a VR vibe, adding native OculusVR support within the game as default - a useful change for Virtual Reality users and something that will surely be welcomed by those who enjoy the game in VR.

Other update highlights include various performance improvements and the new Unreal Engine 4.21 build, which should act as a solid baseline for upcoming future updates to the title.

Build 0.1.0.1660 Notes

New Features
    • Added native support for OculusVR including ASW 2.0
    Fixes/Tweaks
    • Updated Unreal Engine to 4.21
    • Performance improvements
    • Migrated to a new production server
    • Fixed input detection issue caused by a conflict with SteamVR overlay
    Known issues
    This build is the precursor to several releases building up to the initial versions of multiplayer and customisation. Over 350 changes/fixes have been made that may have introduced new bugs or regressions.

As always, we're reading all of your posts, reviews and comments and are addressing your issues as fast as we can. If you would like to support KartKraft even more and help it turn it into the game we all want it to be, we'd love to read your honest Steam reviews which lets us see where to focus our development efforts.

KartKraft is available for PC on Steam Early Access now.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +164
    This title is a miraculous one, I mean, at one stage (early 2018) it was pretty clear for us that it should probably never came... and now it's up, and still improving, that's great !
    @++

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. HugoB

HugoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +340
    This is great! For me to be able to play this and really enjoy it would be a telemetry output for my sim motion..

4. ColinMac

ColinMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    This - ( Also for shaker data...)

5. makan

makan

Ratings:
    +121
    So in a month they'll update it to UE 4.22 .
    hopefully more performance tuning and other good stuff:thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 11:33
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +450
    UE 4.21 is triple screen support version? How is performance in this title btw? I run RTX2070, i7-8700K system.

7. makan

makan

Ratings:
    +121
    No that's 4.22 .
    performance wise is very good as an early access game.
    You wont have any problem with that rig:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +556
    That is hilarious, the ASW 2.0 update comes Oculus and is implemented by UE4, would be there even if KartKraft developers would not want it to be.
    The latest version of UE4 is 4.22.
    At the end of the day this update is almost empty.:O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +450
    How many tracks will the full version have? I see 4 tracks on their website. Does that mean we have 4 tracks now or is this the total amount at v1.0?

10. TylerDurden4321

TylerDurden4321

Ratings:
    +90
    I was indoor karting in a rental kart last week and when I was alone on track did some stupid overbraking and "too early/hard on the power" in corners on purpose to then check how the physics of low power karts sims hold up. Tried AMS rental, rF2 Junior, KartSim rental. AMS is ok, rF2 Junior is very close to reality (I think only the kart dimensions are tire dimensions hold it back a little, was really surprised by it, didn't remember it to be actually good) and KartSim was just HORRIBLY inaccurate. Going to the pro karts with ~28hp, they're all kinda good, KartSim too, maybe PCARS2 is a bit stupid easy but at least somewhat fun if you're alone on track.
    So, how does KartKraft hold up in the physics department with low power karts in very tight hairpins?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +164
    Totally agree on this, people forgot how RF2 junior were good (but still not a 100% go-kart behaviour, due to "automobile'physics") , and AMS is , as you said : ok
    Now, understand that a rental kart is not really go-kart (I mean, for 4 strokes, some rental kart are 2 strokes, wich is better^^...but not on indoor karting)
    i don't really know what is coming on KartKraft for future (I remember zack saying 4 strokes could arrives, but not sure), for me, physics are still not perfect, close, but not 100% (but better than kartsim^^), for now, there is not low power go-kart... so hard to answer you ;)
    @++

• Love Love x 1
  12. MirNet

MirNet

Ratings:
    +28
    Can't speak to the physics, i'm no experienced kart racer. It's got the stones over the karts in PC2 for sure though.

They did a good job of making it look nice and clean in VR, most of what mattered to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus

Ratings:
    +537
    There is no native triple rendering support in 4.22.

14. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +179
    Wait, wut?! I thought there was. Really was hoping acc would switch over to this build for triple screen rendering possibility... :(

15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,045
    From the release notes for Unreal Engine 4.22:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus

Ratings:
    +537
  17. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels

Ratings:
    +93
    how does it compare to the AC kart mods?

18. HugoB

HugoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +340
    When can we expect telemetry output for something like SFX100 (SimFeedback)? I can no longer drive sims without motion..

19. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +164
    Is it serious ? :)
    how is RF2 compare to mariokart ? so here, it's the same gap^^
    @++

20. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,765
    OK go on then, I'll bite - spill the beanz. What is it that you know, that we don't know?
    • Each cluster node’s application window can now contain multiple viewports at defined screen-space coordinates. This allows a single Unreal Engine instance, running on a single computer, to handle multiple offset displays.
    Sounds like triple screen support, but I know nothing. Can you enlighten me please?

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.