Featured KartKraft Update 0.1.0.1435 Released

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,939
    KartKraft Update.jpg
    KartKraft developers Black Delta have been at it once again, releasing a new build update to the simulation earlier today.

One thing is most certainly true about KartKraft - the developers behind the title appear to be working overtime to make up for what has been a long and troubled start to life for the sim these last few years, with the Australian team once again releasing a substantial update to the game as they look to move KartKraft forward to become one of the most accomplished kart racing simulations released to date.

In the new build comes an nice collection of fixes and improvements to the base game alongside some key feature enhancements, of which improvements to Force Feedback and new controller profiles are perhaps set to be the most welcomed.

Check out the full update notes below for build 0.1.0.1435 below:

Leaderboards have been reset for this patch
    • Decreased ignition cut time when the RPM limiter is engaged on the X30 engine
    • Fixed default startup window to the primary display when multiple monitors are present
    • Fixed crash when playing the winning cinematic in leaderboard mode
    • Fixed resolution and graphics settings not saving or persisting between game sessions
    • Replaced steering column PID controller with fixed angle constraint to eliminate input lag and improve FFB signal
    • Fixed rigid chain spinning around axle (finally). Now correctly aligns with engine. (Please buy a new kart or reset your account for this change to take effect)
    • Fixed incorrect Oryx rims on all karts. Changed from alloy to black gloss variant
    • Fixed placement of bodywork on all karts
    • Fixed assymetrical C-Section placement on CRG Road Rebel chassis
    • Fixed "Show Driver" option not working
    • Fixed inability to bind arrow keys
    • Tweaked default XBox controller, keyboard/mouse presets
    • Fixed bug causing the preference menu to be displayed twice rather than the pause menu
    • Fixed "Uploading in progress" menu button being selectable to avoid button pressed sound from triggering
    • Fixed LOD distances for Stub Axle, Hub, Kingpin and Bodywork
    • Fixed incorrect X30 carburettor peg positions
    • Fixed handling of potential crash when the preferences fail to save to the cloud
    • Fixed missing cones on all circuits
    • Fixed ghost sound being heard when the volume preference was set to 0%
    • Fixed player leaderboard entry not appearing in the middle of the screen and having to scroll
    New Features:
    • Added additional playback speed options in replay mode (10x, 20x)
    • Added ability to rotate the view in the component/gear menus using the mouse
    • Added shortcut icons to the footer of menus where additional functionality was available
    • Added shortcut icons to Photomode to simplify the menu
    • Added ability to take screenshot in replay mode
    • Added Dutch tilt control to Photomode
    • Added descriptions to all preferences
    • Added presets for Thrustmaster T150, T300, TX and the Logitech G25 (Fanatec support coming)
    • Added ability to skip cinematics and splash screens
    • Increased maximum FFB gain setting
    • Added default bindings for respawning for all presets

KartKraft is available for PC on Steam Early Access now.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Never want to miss the latest real and virtual racing news and discussions? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

What do you make of the state of the title so far? Happy with the progress of the sim? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up! Premium

Ratings:
    +222
    Why on earth have they laid low for so many years, when they can actually work in such a high tempo?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +224
    Exactly, Zach is very busy in the KK steam forums, not seen a games dev so active like that ever.

I'm still waiting for the KK update to start downloading, steam says it is currently in a que, forcing it didn't start so I'll wait for it to be ready.

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    His wife left him... ;)

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oldzeb

Oldzeb

Ratings:
    +42
    really very good! the last maj with the presets of the T300 has made the ffb evolve well!
    more work on physics and pneumatic feeling, very good work from the devs nice job!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +387
    Its a keeper? Havent gotten it yet. Also have T300.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diogo Goetz Brand

Diogo Goetz Brand

Ratings:
    +113
    I'm also wondering about that. Going by the Steam reviews, it looks like the game is really good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38

Ratings:
    +49
    Finally the FBB work on G29. Now it is very fun to drive.

9. newbert

newbert

Ratings:
    +9
    Absolutely. A BIG Improvement in the G29 preset! I just had to tweak the wheel rotation to a setting of 720 (personal preference).

Well done!

10. David Brock

David Brock

Ratings:
    +27
    Stepped up and bought it, because the developers are working all out and what I read here... Also the thought of VR down the road and the low cost made it irresistible......

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +234
    How long is this title supposed to be in EA, or available at the EA price?

12. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +143
    Love the continual updates. Can not wait until AI arrives. Great game. Who knew Karts were such fun!!! :laugh:

13. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +560
    System Requirements

• Minimum:
      • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-8120
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: GeForce GTX 760
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 32 GB available space
      • Sound Card: Integrated
      • Additional Notes: Game in Early Access, final specs to be define
    :confused:
    Does this little game really takes 32 GB of hard drive space ? Really ? Can someone confirm this ?
    I wonder on what could possibly that space goes ? Or this maybe can be prediction on some ...final version of the game itself. Though I still doubt about those 32 G. :O_o:

14. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +143
    Final version. Currently 15.7GB on current release (if that is what you mean?).

15. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +42
    @gamer19 The install size right now is 15.7GB (6-7GB download through Steam).
    @Marc Collins We hope to be out of EA by July 2019. Of course that's subject to change. (Especially given our history ;))

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +560
    Ok thanks you two.
    Although.... even 15.7 GB is a bit too much for this kind of game. :D
    Ok, guess cause game looks very good it must be a lot of huge textures that takes all this space.

17. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +42
    @Ole Andreasen Given we're one of the only sims to be developed using our own tech this side of the year 2000, it took a quite a while to catch up to our competitors.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +387
    Is it a big difference physics wise from Automobilista or rFactor2? I really want to get it but an engine without triple screen support make me hesitate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +112
    I can't wait for VR. Since getting my Rift I can't go back to flat screens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +381
    How does the FFB and physics compare to AMS karts now? Worse FFB?

I might try this to see if the pretty graphics run on my triples. But pointless if AMS has better feel, I care more about FFB than graphics

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.