Featured KartKraft Released

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,923

At long last! Following years of delay and reschedules, KartKraft has today made an appearance on Steam Early Access- with a 10% week one discount too...

Many thought the prospect of seeing KatKraft released into the public domain a faraway fantasy, however it has recently transpired that Australian development team Black Delta have stayed hard at work behind the scenes giving the title a much needed overhaul, throwing out the surprise announcement last week that the game is indeed alive, and will even be made available on the Steam Early Access program within a matter of days.

Those days have now passed and November 1st is here, with it bringing the very first public appearance of what is a highly anticipated new racing simulation that focuses entirely on the world of competitive kart racing.

Initially launching with eight real world chassis manufacturers from the likes of Arrow, CRG, Deadly, Formula K, Monaco, OK1, Praga, Sodi, Early Access adopters will have the opportunity to sample laserscanned recreations of some of the top kart racing circuits of the world, with PF International, Geelong Kart Club and Go Kart Club of Victoria joining the sim from day one.

As is always the case with an EA release, additional content and features are expected to be added as development progresses, with VR support already confirmed to be coming to the sim in a future build. In order to give players a flavour of what is already known about the future of the sim, check out the current Early Access Roadmap below:

KartKraft Early Access Roadmap.png

What is more, perhaps to reflect both the long winded nature of the development progress to date and limited launch content, it has been confirmed the new title will be priced at a very reasonable £15.99, with an additional 10% discount available to gamers who purchase the software in the first week of release.

Of the release today, Black Delta CEO Zach Griffin had the following to say:

"Hello everyone - I'm glad you could all be here for this. I've dedicated nearly half my life to making this happen. I can't wait for you to play it, and for us to grow it into something special together. There will definitely be bugs, the physics will definitely need improving (Mind the kerbs on PFi), and we need to get multiplayer and VR in ASAP. But I can't wait to get this thing out! Thank you again for making a dream come true!

Zach Griffin

It's out!"

Frankly I never expected this game to see the light of day, although I’m delighted to finally be able to play a public version of the game, and I just hope the end result lives up to the expectations of a public exceptionally keen to see if Black Delta can produce the most accurate representation of kart racing released to date.

KartKraft Released 1.jpg KartKraft Released 2.jpg

KartKraft is available for PC on Steam Early Access now.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Never want to miss the latest real and virtual racing news and discussions? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Are you happy to see KK final release? Have you tried the game yet? What are your early impressions? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    Still 4 minutes till end of downloading....
    One thing very great for me is to have it 100%free :)
    As a closed beta tester (2 years and a half sooner), i have the good surprise to see that it's just an update for me^^, ahah
    cannot wait to see what have change since the 1.0.141
    @++

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +670
    The video is fantastic. Impressive how they made it look more natural and closer to real life than ACC. Hopefully Kunos can follow this path with future updates

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Race wheel support?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +560
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    ...First impression is : "WTF ?!!!!!"
    no wheel support (except TRS500), lots of bugs.... far away from what we had in closed beta ... unbelievable.... :(

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +224
    Just in case triple screen users ask, this is using the Unreal 4 Engine, just like Assetto Corsa Competizione, don't expect Triple Screen support during Early Access.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    crash crash crash !!!!!
    Always get a fatal error when trying to launch a race .... someone else ?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    Totally agree fatal error everytime trying select track, 'I'll be back' another day..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Vojko Music

Vojko Music

Ratings:
    +29
    3 years of work :D

I know you must be asking yourself "WTH were they doing those 3 years?!" :D

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +170
    Just watched a few streamers with it. Graphics and sound are impressive for EA and I noticed a couple of folks with OSW wheels got it to work, but it sounds like the FFB is really abrupt/spikey.

Will have to see how this all pans out, but not a bad start for a title that's been dark for almost two years from what I can tell.

12. Bert Austen

Bert Austen
    Pedal tho the metal Men Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    What a mess game....crash ...crash...a total horror....have ask the money back from steam....bye kart trash :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +248
    Tomorrow, after recharging my prepaid card, I'm going to buy it!
    The video is impressive. Sense of speed and immersion looks spot on amnd the lighting engine, woow!

With the money saved thanks to the Early Acess of ACC, I can buy this one!

I can't use a wheel now, so I hope I'll be able to use my joypad to play it.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,265
    My PC just restarted when I launched the game, it crashed with other words! This is more full of bugs than any of my software I have made in 10 years of work.
    All I saw is: "Only Keyboard detected"
    Are you kidding me??? What is than the new Fanatec? Science fiction? Come on guys!

PS: Where is any log folder, so I can see what it causes crashing?

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +17
    DON'T BUY YET!!!!
    Bugged to hell and back.
    Surprised my Fanatec didn't get damaged with the fit it had :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    ..for those who wants to try without fatal error occurs, just delete your account (ingame), you'll get 2 laps to try, do the laps reversed^^ (I've run about 30 min, driving wrong way)
    Graphics are ....well I wont say ugly, they are ok, but not really sexy, and the tyres makes horrible sounds...and of course, without wheel support, ffb is not great too....
    I could only encourage people to not let this title down, cause closed beta was great, so I know it could be great (far from prefect, but a good kart sim), just wait for fixes and a bit more work..
    @++

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,265
    My pc crashed when I wanted to select Keyboard as only detected controller. So how can I even try it? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,265
    Oh, an improvement! PC didn`t crashed this time, but I got this in 1st second when ran the "game":
    Fatal error: [File:C:\ci\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\3d7a538c75a838a0\SDK\Epic\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Serialization\Archive.cpp] [Line: 554]
    BulkData compressed header read error. This package may be corrupt!

0x00000000B878A388 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000008993FAD project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000893A46C project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000088E10BB project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000894F08F project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000894E605 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000086887A5 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000008678CA9 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000869BC4E project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000868F686 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000869CA78 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000869646A project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000869D616 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000086967FA project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000092B4937 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000092B50A1 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000092C26CE project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000008874E48 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000008644BB5 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000864C67C project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000864C6EA project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000086543F9 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000000A57B812 project_k-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000BA173034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000BBEB1461 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000000BBEB1461 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

• Haha Haha x 2
  19. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +560
    Ok ok guys, we get it... the game is bugged as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +381
    Another Unreal 4 game. How are the framerates compared to for example ACC? (If someone got it working). Might pick this up some day, if it's optimized and they sort all the bugs.

Karts are fun in Automobilista, but if driving/physics/FFB is worse and FPS is atrocious, I'll rather stick with the Automobilista karts

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.