KartKraft | New Update Available Now

Slapped

250RPM
Premium
Oct 2, 2019
The update progress of KartKraft indeed is pretty slow. It also needs the full amount of the whole games disk space for it on the hard drive to be free in addition, probably a reason, why it takes so long. Some games do that for some reason.^^
Yeah, it's the preallocation thing you'll see in Steam when updating. I've noticed this quite often with UE based games

Some games can simply patch themselves on the fly so to say - just download the patch and apply it directly. Other games, a la Wreckfest, seem to need to download the whole game again - absolute pain for those with limited bandwidth. And then there's those that need to be "preallocated". AFAIK this is where the game, or at least significant parts of it, needs to be copied and rewritten while adding the patch, much in the same way the PS4 handes it's updates.

Duke55

100RPM
Oct 8, 2015
Shrug at Steam, not at the devs. Steam is delivering the update, not them. Logic ftw, ©2020.
Do you actually know that as a fact, or just pulling excuses out of thin air? I find it a bit hard to believe that Steam seems to want to screw over one game out of the 200+ titles i have.

They released annother 2.6mb update yesterday, another 40 minutes process..

Last edited:
Reactions: THK84

SvenUilhoorn

50RPM
Jan 11, 2017
Only played the game in VR myself. I have triple 1440p monitors, but one is a 32" 165Hz and the other two are 60Hz IPS for productivity purposes. So it's VR or single monitor for me.
Thanks dude! If anyone has triples experiences, please share them, they're hard to come by :)

THK84

10RPM
Nov 30, 2017
Do you actually know that as a fact
It's not hard to spot he's just talking out of his behind. When somebody says "it's just logic" as an argument on things that have layers of complexity, they often just don't know what they're talking about. It's scientifically proven that the more people don't know about a topic, the higher they tend to estimate their own level of knowledge on the subject.

Reactions: Duke55

Zytok

50RPM
Oct 21, 2009
Tried using the new triple support on a single 49" Superwide monitor. It does work but there are two slightly visible grey vertical lines that would be nice to remove. Simply set the horizontal view size to 400mm and the bezel to 0mm.