KartKraft | New Update Available Now

A new update for KartKraft is here, fixes and tweaks included.
  • New build released.
  • Fixes and tweaks to base game.
  • New and improved controller mappings.
Black Delta have deployed another new update to their KartKraft racing simulation earlier today, addressing a number of outstanding issues within the karting title, and bringing some fresh navigation options to the photo mode and UI areas of the game.

The new build is available now, and comes fresh off the back of their recent major late October release.

KartKraft Header.jpg

KartKraft 0.1.0.2139 Update Notes:
  • Improved: Wheel input binding now displays more information and requires a button press to reduce errors caused by timing
  • Added: Numpad keys can be used in photo mode
  • Added: Can now use left/right keyboard navigation in the input menu
  • Added: Can now drag and hide the live placings HUD item in time trial mode
  • Fixed: a bug where the chosen monitor setting was not saved
  • Fixed: bug where ghost volume would be ignored if set in the main menu
  • Fixed: occasional motion blur corruption in chase camera
  • Fixed: overlapping vehicles in post-race podium sequence
  • Fixed: VR camera rotating incorrectly at the end of cinematic sequences such as the post-race restart menu.
  • Fixed: bug where incorrect number of AI drivers would appear in a race

Original Source: KartKraft Steam

KartKraft is available now on PC.

Want to know how to get the best of the simulation? Then fire up a new thread in the Other Racing Games sub forum now!

KartKraft Footer.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Duke55

100RPM
Oct 8, 2015
I'm sure it's a great sim. But i don't know, it seems i spend more time updating it than playing it. Another half hour process for a 6.2mb patch. For example, Wreckfest lastest patch of 6.7gb updated in less time.

I guess it's safe to say the dev has this sim locked up good and proper considering the process it goes through for such small updates.

Put me down as a punter who is happy to wait for larger patches, if that only happens once or twice a year, i'd be content with that.

P.S. Not intended as a whinge, just offering up a punter's opinion.

Last edited:

Richard Hessels

1000RPM
Premium
Jul 23, 2008
Development goes so slow on this one. Always feels like the Devs had something better to do.
Looks like a half finished beta. Somehow my graphics never matched the screenshots I seen here, not even on very high settings.

But i have another go at, might be suprised.

Last edited:

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
From the release notes " The default force feedback strength setting has been increased to be consistent with forces felt in real life. This is particularly important for non direct drive wheel users that spin when applying the throttle out of corners, due to a lack of corrective forces being felt through the wheel when experiencing power-on oversteer. We strongly recommend that players increase this setting to a value as high as they can handle. "

I hope the FFB is better. The last FFB update really messed it up for me. It sounds like they may be tailoring the game more towards low end controllers than DD wheels.

Reactions: Marc Collins

Alex Townsend

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Oh, you might want to check your pc/internet connection if a 6mb update usually takes you half an hour in 2020. Right? :)
I dont think he means it takes ages to download. I've experienced similar, it downloads just fine, but it's the physical installation that seems to take forevs

Reactions: Duke55

Ville Niklas

50RPM
Premium
Aug 12, 2017
Oh, you might want to check your pc/internet connection if a 6mb update usually takes you half an hour in 2020. Right? :)
I have also found out that Kartkraft is oddly slow to update. Just updating with new patch and already ten minutes gone. Loading patch from steam servers itself took only a few seconds so idk how to make process faster.

Ulfhedinn

I WANNA GO FAST !!!
Nov 26, 2019
Other sims should quit trying to implement karts.....lucky we get a game like Kartkraft !

Oct 19, 2017
The update progress of KartKraft indeed is pretty slow. It also needs the full amount of the whole games disk space for it on the hard drive to be free in addition, probably a reason, why it takes so long. Some games do that for some reason.^^

Reactions: Duke55

wein

50RPM
Premium
May 28, 2010
The game is spectacular, congratulations, but, as a comment, after the update the steering wheel was misconfigured. I did not see that there were presets for the different models, which I find strange in a game of this level. I configured it by hand and it was not bad, really ...

Dave Thayer

250RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
Only thing about this game for me is amount of content. With the time this game has been out, they should of had over 20 or so tracks.
I think they only have around 5 tracks. Havent played this game that much, but I do love the VR with the game.

BluePotato00

250RPM
Nov 18, 2017
Only thing about this game for me is amount of content. With the time this game has been out, they should of had over 20 or so tracks.
I think they only have around 5 tracks. Havent played this game that much, but I do love the VR with the game.
Just 4 tracks currently:
  • Geelong
  • Victoria
  • Paul Fletcher
  • Atlanta

Duke55

100RPM
Oct 8, 2015

I'm sure it's a great sim. But i don't know, it seems i spend more time updating it than playing it. Another half hour process for a 6.2mb patch. For example, Wreckfest lastest patch of 6.7gb updated in less time.
*shrugs*

jonelsorel

250RPM
Apr 24, 2009
Shrug at Steam, not at the devs. Steam is delivering the update, not them. Logic ftw, ©2020.

Last edited: