KartKraft | Motorsport Games Acquire Black Delta And KartKraft Sim

Motorsport Games have today announced they have agreed a deal to purchase Australian development team Black Delta and all IP and assets relating to their racing title, KartKraft.

Agreeing to an "binding term sheet to acquire the assets and the business of KartKraft" as per the announcement earlier today, Motorsport Games are set to add yet another motorsport title into their expanding portfolio of games - joining the likes of the NASCAR franchise, the upcoming as yet untitled new BTCC release and Le Mans 24 Hours licence.

“This upcoming acquisition further demonstrates Motorsport Games’ commitment to the racing game genre and our belief in the future of virtual racing. We are delighted to have the opportunity to add KartKraft and form a new development team within the Motorsport Games family. The level of simulation that the team has created is highly impressive and the best recreation of karting available on the market today. We believe that, by adding our expertise to KartKraft, we will bring the game to the next level, amplifying its success as we help steer the product to full release,” said Stephen Hood, President of Motorsport Games.​

“Additionally, the new Motorsport Games Australia team will bring additional knowledge and expertise to Motorsport Games, specifically in Epic Games’ trademark game Unreal Engine, as well as vehicle physics and driving simulation. They will play an integral role in the development of our future products and we’re incredibly excited about their future contribution to our talented team.”
KartKraft Middle.jpg

According to the press release, current Black Delta staff including founder Zak Griffin are set to remain with the studio under Motorsport Games ownership, with the team set to be rebranded as Motorsport Games Australia as they continue to develop the title now with additional funding, support and resources available from the new agreement.

The planned acquisition of KartKraft represents yet another step in our growth as a leading developer for racing games,” said Dmitry Kozko, CEO of Motorsport Games. “We are aggressively pursuing our growth strategy by putting the committed capital from our shareholders to work. We’re excited to complement our existing franchise developments by adding KartKraft to help grow our development team and product line.”

“As a shareholder in Motorsport Games, I’m thrilled that KartKraft is joining us and that we can use our expertise, scope and knowledge to help maximize the impact of this great product,” said Fernando Alonso, Alpine Formula 1 driver, two-time F1 World Drivers’ Champion, two-time 24 Hours of Le Mans Champion and former Karting World Champion.​

“KartKraft recreates the authentic feel and thrill of kart racing. As a former Karting World Champion and owner of my own karting school, I want people of all ages to be able to experience the joys of karting first-hand. Nearly all the top drivers began their motorsport life in karting and KartKraft is a natural progression for introducing a new generation of drivers to the sport.”

Original Source: Motorsport Games

For more KartKraft news and discussion, check out the Other Racing Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss anything and everything virtual kart racing!

KartKraft Footer.jpg

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

wein

50RPM
Premium
May 28, 2010
Kartkraft is a fantastic game. I acquired it from the beginning, it shows that it is a serious job done with criteria. Probably this purchase will make the evolution faster and that future Motosport Games games gain in quality. Good news! ;)

Last edited:

Andrew Harper

2000RPM
Dec 1, 2014
I really really hope they take the physics seriously... If not this sim is ruined. Best Kart sim ever made, hopefully this can make it even better.
agreed. The core part of the game is excellent.

if effort can be put into more tracks and an improved AI it would be excellent.

this title shows a lot of love has gone into producing it. The details are superb.

I just hope the new owners realise this and allow the title to develop without being ruined. The phrase sim-cade or console port comes to mind....

Cheesenium

500RPM
Jul 15, 2011
And the decline of racing begins when these small passionate developers are being acquired by large greedy corporations. Soon, these greedy corporations will make iRacing look cheap in comparison.

• Sad
Reactions: Des Bain

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
They publish nascar heat not produce it. They have their own studio developing the btcc game currently with a lot of ex codemasters staff
Both yes and, naaah.
Motosport Games holds a majority share in 704Games after buying more than 50% of the shares in the company in 2018. They also put the former Motorsport Network CEO in as president for 704Games.
So, I mean. They could've changed the direction of the series, but they haven't.

jaimer

1RPM
Feb 19, 2021
I,m excited to try it :), i love karts since young. Do you think 18€ is a good price on steam? or will there be some discount?
Thanks