Featured KartKraft Coming to Console Q3 2019

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 13, 2019 at 21:06.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +19,234
    KartKraft coming to console.jpg
    BlackDelta have confirmed that Steam Early Access title KartKraft will arrive on console this year - provisionally stating a Q3 release window.

We know that KartKraft has been in development for quite some time on the PC now, even though it only made a public debut on Early Access as recently as November 2018, however the ambitious Australian development team have confirmed that plans are now in motion to bring the impressive karting simulation to consoles before the end of the year - stating a provisional Q3 release window for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of the title.

Exciting times for sim racers looking to get their racing fix away from the PC.

More news as and when it becomes available.

KartKraft is available on PC now, with console release expected before the end of the year.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Never want to miss the latest real and virtual racing news and discussions? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 3
  2. BigMike8

BigMike8
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Great news! There's a large number of consoles in the world, and not enough good sims IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS

Ratings:
    +113
    Needs some content before thinking about that

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +107
    I'm a fan of the game so far. But man, Q3 isn't far away at all and the game is still very much Early Access. Gonna be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +16
    Q3 is July,August and September. Its mid February ;) Its too too bad that as perfect as this looks, it doesn't have top kart classes, where the real fun is at. 125 and 250cc shifter karts... No buy for me.

And I think when the final is out, theres only 5 tracks.
    Are the devs allowing for track modding for this?

6. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Pro-Am racing driver... virtually Premium

Ratings:
    +536
    They mentioned European tracks being worked on a while back.
    If they have a solid selection of 1 or 2 kart tracks per country they'll be fine. I would hope that licensing for these circuits may not cost much if at all. Increasing visibility to karting and to the top international tracks that host the racing is a bonus for those tracks and the organisers of the events too.

7. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz

Ratings:
    +22
    Since modern consoles are closely related to PC architecture, this may actually be great news for accelerating the game development as a whole.

Along with ACC, KartKraft was steal to get in on during the Early Access program.

Plus with both titles supporting VR, and now DiRT Rally 2.0 coming onboard with it as well, perhaps this is becoming a trend.
    With any luck we'll no longer need to plead "No VR=No Buy" in order for it to be included in newer sim racing titles.
    It seems that developers are finally beginning to realize that including it is of benefit to both their customers enjoyment of the title along with their sales numbers.

DR2.0 may prove to be interesting since they've decided to fracture their VR support with it being Oculus exclusive by having it on Oculus Home and not with any universal VR on Steam.
    Having two versions of the game is nothing new, as they already did this with DIRT Rally, but that first title did also work with VR on Steam.

8. GP20

GP20
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    It's full of bugs. I can't play it.

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +53
    Shouldn't they worry about finishing it on pc before they even think of releasing on another platform?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +417
    Arent those karts coming? Thought the top classes was the idea here. Imagine some old big tracks and superkarts as well. :)

11. Alex Hill

Alex Hill

Ratings:
    +4
    i hope they would take time to make more maps or different types of karts for pc early access than focusing on releasing to consoles, right now its so little contents

12. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +417
    Dont think its the same team. I could be wrong. But for AC i remember it was a completely different team who made the console version. Of course with help from the team, but the workload was put on another team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Alex Hill

Alex Hill

Ratings:
    +4
    ah didnt know this, thats very interesting :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +70
    Just to get ahead of this before it goes much further: When asked if we intended to release KartKraft on consoles, our response was that we were targeting a Q3 launch, but with no definitive schedule or date. We still haven't confirmed this and our focus is very much on the PC version of KartKraft. It is much more likely that the console version will happen in 2020.

@GP20 What bugs are you experiencing?

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. GP20

GP20
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I'm driving under the map...And very slowly.

It has worked the first time then...Prouttt.

16. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +70
    @GP20 Are you running a Direct Drive wheel? If you are, try setting the FFB skip steps to 3+ under preferences/input/FFB

If that doesn’t work, please join us on Discord for live support: https://discord.gg/a27PAe4

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +157
    lol....
    Seems like you don't know a lot about go-karting...(i'm not judging)
    I don't think superkarts are planned at all (250cc) these machines needs "car-tracks", so don't wait for it ;)
    From what we've seen on closed beta, there will be KFA100, X30 (wich we already have) and KZ (shifter 125cc), that covers perfectly 3 diferent speed and skills... KFA100 feets the "Sport" category (like KFS etc...) The choice of X30 is perfect, it feet what we calls in france the category "Super" (wich includes X30, Rotax max, and KF3/KFjunior, and in wich, i'm still running in "master", more than 32yo), and KZ is the "Vitesse" (speed) category... So the 3 "big" categories are there, nothing misses (4-strokes maybe, like the Subaru or else)
    @++

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. apex11

apex11

Ratings:
    +440
    Ask Ian Bell that one....

• Haha Haha x 2
  19. GP20

GP20
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    Yes, i'm using a simplicity DD.

I will try.

20. tigermilk

tigermilk

Ratings:
    +31
    I was wondering that myself. Aside from 2 minor bugs, the game has been a blast. And FYI, those minor bugs are

1) after a race in VR the game menu is stuck to head tracking. If I move my head to move the cursor/pointer, the cursor/pointer moves with the entire VR screen. It is a wild exercise to get out of the post race menu and back to the main screen
    2) lap to e differential sometimes gets stuck on my best lap time rather than the time differential. I am pressing no buttons, so not sure what is happening. And then it usually fixes itself if I tap another kart or something.

You guys are doing a smash up job, though some more tracks would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.