KartKraft | Build Update 0.1.0.2929 Now Available

A few short days ago, Black Delta released another new update for their KartKraft racing simulation - including FFB improvements and plenty of game fixes.
  • Updates FFB algorithm.
  • Various quality of life improvements.
  • Logitech wheel LED support added.
Having had something of a stop - start beginning to life back in the day, the last few months have seen plenty of nice developments come the way of the KartKraft simulation - with yet another improvement dropping for the title on Steam toward the end of last week - adding plenty of changes to the way Force Feedback is represented within the game.

It is notoriously difficult to accurately simulate the often extreme forces felt in a racing kart, as such very few development teams have given this entry level motorsport much of a try in the world of racing - which considering the exceptional action it generally produces is something of a shame, making it all the more gratifying to see continued (albeit slow) development of KartKraft in recent months.

A very nice update indeed, details of which can be found in the change log notes below:

KartKraft Middle.jpg

Update Notes:
  • Improved implementation of Minimum Force for wheel force feedback
  • Improved FFB algorithm
  • Improved KZ2 shifting logic. It is now much quicker and easier to lift off the throttle when changing gears
  • Added basic support for Logitech Wheel LED lights
  • Reduced stopping force of gravel traps
  • Setup parameters now display the significant digit when set to values below 1. i.e 0.1 rather than .1
  • Fixed bug where controller would receive force feedback when wheel is being used and vice versa
  • Fixed tyre damping bug that caused incorrect loads when cornering
  • Improved tyre and handling model for KA100, X30 and KZ2 classes
  • Fixed issue where Steam would steal Direct Input wheel control away from the game. This change will require you to rebind your wheel
  • Added frame identifier to udp telemetry. Telemetry clients can now validate telemetry frames using KartKraft.Frame.FrameBufferHasIdentifier(bytes)
  • Fix for wheel input being overridden by Steam when user has Steam Input enabled
  • HUD now shows vehicle class
  • Fixed leaderboard not updating after exit of time trial event
  • Easy/Medium AI retuned to make them easier
  • Fixed crash when adjusting KZ2 drivetrain sprocket teeth.
  • Fixed AI vehicles sometimes failing to load

Original Source; KartKraft Steam

KartKraft is available now, exclusive to PC.

For more news, information and discussion about the KartKraft racing simulation, head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a new thread today!

KartKraft Footer.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

wein

50RPM
Premium
May 28, 2010
I love how this game has evolved in the last year! ;)

Feb 22, 2015
i love the fact that this sim looks as good as ACC but it runs significantly better even thought they use the exact same engine to be fair several devs had difficulties with Unreal so...
I don't think that is a fair comparison. Though it looks very good with overcast the level of detail it targets is immensly inferior. Car cockpit, materials and LOD, mirror overhead, track LOD, dynamic time of day and weather. I really wouldn't know where to start. What I mean is the feature set is a much more controlled environment probably easier to optimize. With the proper hardware ACC runs and looks great. That is indeed a challenge of the PC ecosystem.

Last edited:

shushkata

10RPM
Jun 2, 2019
My only problems is with the missing feel, when the kart will lose grip. It's totally absent as a feel on the wheel (at least my T300), I really need some sort of tire scrubbing effect, that indicates when grip is traded for drifting, Other than that, it's cool

Last edited:
Reactions: kamackeris

kamackeris

2000RPM
Premium
Sep 4, 2015
My only problems is with the missing feel, when the kart will lose grip. It's totally absent as a feel on the wheel (at least my T300), I really need some sort of tire scrubbing effect, that indicates when grip is traded for drifting, Other than that, it's cool
I have this too.. If anyone has any settings for this wheel that will improve that, please share !

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Took me a bit to figure out but if you have a Simucube 2, you need to calibrate the steering with 360 degrees of rotation in TD.

Reactions: Leynad777