Featured KartKraft Build 0.1.0.1468 Now Live

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,923
    KartKraft Hotfix Update Released.jpg
    A new build of KartKraft has been deployed to Steam Early Access today - continuing a very solid rate of development and adding some nice force feedback improvements...

Much like busses, you wait ages for it to arrive and then suddenly you are swamped with the things! That's pretty much the story for KartKraft it feels, with the game development having gone into hibernation for literally years before making a surprise return to the fore with an unexpected Early Access release to Steam back in November, followed by a number of very pleasing build updates as the developers race to get the title into something like a finished product a simulation with such potential deserves.

Continuing the journey started many moons ago with the now aborted KartSim game, Black Delta have again released a new hotfix build to the software - adding amongst other things some very pleasing improvements to the force feedback behaviour within the sim, moving the title forward rather nicely as it brings about a very solid improvement of feeling behind the wheel.

Other highlights from the update released earlier today include a few minor bug fixes and some very welcomed performance optimisations, all of which can be seen in the changelog below:

Fixes/Tweaks:
    • Reduced FFB latency,
    • Changed FFB filter algorithm,
    • Improved crowd rendering performance,
    • Fixed: Vertical navigation acceleration no longer persists after button release,
    • Fixed: Respawning no longer cycles the onboard camera,
    • Tuned Geelong Kart Club to appear dry,
    • Motion blur in photo mode now smoothly blends in after coming to a stop,
    • Optimisation improvements.
    New features:
    • Added slider to control crowd numbers,
    • Added frame rate cap.
    The new update should be available the next time you restart your Steam client.

KartKraft is available for PC on Steam Early Access now.

Want to keep up with the latest KartKraft news and chat about the title with your fellow sim racers? Head over to the KartKraft sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Never want to miss the latest real and virtual racing news and discussions? Follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +381
    Does this have AI already? Kind of tempted to check it out, but mere hotlapping with karts :unsure:

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +263
    I read somewhere that despite being on UE4, this title was going to add proper triple screen support ?
    Would be great and if it is true, Kunos should inform themselves for their ACC...and I'm buying Kart Kraft...:whistling:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    No ai yet. To be honest, it is rather empty at the moment: buying it is a nice way to support a small developer, but at the same time it is a bit of a gamble... Driving is improving update after update, they are obviously hard at work! So far I feel they will get there and it will be a keeper! I can't wait for multiplayer... In the meantime, leaderboard are surprisingly addictive, very well done. I'm on a single monitor so I can't judge for triple, sorry...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,500
    Hoping this title will make it into the steam Xmas sale and I can snatch it up and give it ago while I am off during the holidays.
    Be an added bonus if vr is implemented by then too :)

6. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +491
    Leaderboard is so addictive, it's like SIM racing crack! :sneaky:;)

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +143
    I was told via Facebook that AI is eminent (at the time it was meant to be last week). So, watch this space. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +491
    With AI and online play this will be a serious contender for my spare time

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    This in VR will be epic, nothing so cool as the VR view from a kart, everything is a lot closer to your face/view. Kartsim in rF2 is already really good in VR.

10. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    Closed beta had it (and worked properly), so, it's very close. For now it's still hotlaping, but check out in the next coule of week ;)
    @++

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,752
    You can buy a 1000 racing games, and inspect each one,
    these guys love there work almost as much as me,
    these textures are just simply perfection I could look at this all day :geek:
    this is AAA simulation all day long good luck to the team.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. sebduloiret

sebduloiret

Ratings:
    +16
    seems amazing ! good job ! as say @CC , the textures seems wonderful, I think I will buy this game when AI will be release !
    good game to all who already has it;)

• Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,752
    Looks very impressive to me very detailed, ill buy it also just to support these guys looks awesome :) just wish I had more time to play some of thee titles.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. motoliser

motoliser

Ratings:
    +171
    Too bad there's no rig in the world able to render this kind of AAA content on smooth 4K+ 140fps LOLL ...at least for now:)

15. roadyroad

roadyroad

Ratings:
    +28
    I have to try this new build. In the last one the physics seeemed to have been improved, but the FFB (with a TS PC Racer) was a nightmare, even by trying many options in the FFB parameters. I hope this new build improves the things.

Kartkraft has a lot of potential indeed, but I really hope they'll be able to get the physics and the FFB right very soon. I have some concerns about that as it doesn't seem to have been heavily improved since the beginning of the EA. It seems the weak point of the development team, whereas it should be their strongest point. I hope I'm wrong, and maybe this build is a huge surprise!

!!! EDIT AFTER HAVING TESTED THE NEW BUILD !!! :

I've just done a few laps with the new build and I have to say there's a huge improvement in the FFB!
    The karts are lot more driveable and enjoyable. I still feel something really wrong in the FFB, a constant annoying effect. It seems to be the engine vibrations, which are really too strong and after a few laps kill the enjoyment : this constant vibration is stronger than any other effect (except the tarmac irregularities effects) it always gets in the way and I had to turn up the general strength to feel the wheels resistance. But as increasing the general strength this effect got stronger and made my driving less precise (and the FFB too strong). And it mixed itself with the road and kurbs effects, it got pretty hard to be precise and consistant. By lowering this effect (or giving a 4th slider in the FFB menu, as in Raceroom), the general feeling and handling woud be much better and I would say complete.

But I'm now pretty confident with the result, the FFB improvement is quiet amazing. I'm not sure all the karts received physics updates, some feel different, with more control, others (the monaco) handle like former builds (the Formula K is broken, it appears on track flying and making loops in the air).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 19:54
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,752
    We have a xbox one X the wife got for the kids plays FM7 at 4k 60fps and on a 65inch screen to me looks perfect, I mean yeah 16k@1000FPS be nice in 2055,
    but 4k at 60fps to me is perfectly fine :)

• Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. motoliser

motoliser

Ratings:
    +171
    After playing above 120fps I cant go back. Now below that, my mind tells the diference imediatly and I cant feel confortable racing like that anymore unfortunetly. I'm ok with reducing the eyecandy to a certain point if needed though.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 00:42
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zach Griffin

Zach Griffin

Ratings:
    +41
    @roadyroad I'm looking forward to your feedback with this last build regarding the FFB. Most of the issues were related to thread timing and signal filtering, which have been resolved according to those who use DD wheels. We're currently working on a big physics update now that the FFB has largely been fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. F1Racer

F1Racer

Ratings:
    +2
    Bought this for the VR. Still waiting.
    It was advertised as a VR Kart Sim, but hey... hope they get it done soon.

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    I'm going to have to disagree with you slightly my friend, they have worked very hard on making the game much better in such a short space of time. I always feel that physics is subjective, I've never liked Assetto Corsa because I just can't deal with the physics feel in it I like RFactor2 because I prefer the physics feel on that, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong it's just a view. Most of the people on the Discord channel are very happy with the current physics update (and that includes quite a few kart racers it seems which is a good sign). They concentrated on getting the game stable first and have been steadily chipping away at each issue to get them sorted and on whole they've done a very good job. The amount of messages Zach deals with on a daily basis must be mind numbing! lol

Yeah it's odd, I had the same feeling as some of those above, if you can't race with anyone where's the fun. Fired the game up, started doing some hotlaps...and then two hours went by! :laugh: It is far more addictive than you first think. However I'm looking forward to the AI update, looks good so far.

The issue is the game engine, in VR it will put a huge strain on the PC running it. Kunos have kind of got it running for ACC although there have been a lot of comments about it not being that great so far, however being karts and smaller tracks, etc. hopefully it will be less of a strain on the system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.